New Rear Diff - Availability

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
M42TYN

Post by M42TYN »

Help,

My car (2016 V6S AWD conv.), needs a new rear diff - horrible whine - and the garage I bought it from (non-jaguar), have said that they will replace under warranty. Great news. However, they're telling me that new rear diffs are currently unavailable from Jaguar and can't give me a date as to when they will be. Does this sound correct?? Is there anyone here who would have some insider info from jaguar as to availability?

The garage have said that I can still drive the car, but it's getting to the point that's all I can hear when I drive it and am concerned of a complete failure.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.
MY2016 V6S AWD - Convertible
Polaris White

Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Mine was diagnosed early Mar 22 and JLR couldn’t give them an estimate of when it would arrive. However, the new one turned up in April and was fitted shortly afterwards. Mine is RWD LSD but imagine it’s the same.
M42TYN

Post by M42TYN »

Thanks GusA!!, Hopefully I won't have to wait too much longer :)
MY2016 V6S AWD - Convertible
Polaris White
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Once the dealer places an order for the diff the factory will give an estimated delivery. Before the order they just read off the system
Had same issue for a twin turbo unit for my Evoque. Only took a couple of weeks after predictions of long wait..
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post