Stop/start has stopped

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
leedsjag

Post by leedsjag »

So been away for a couple of weeks, took the F out for a drive today and noticed it wasn't stop/starting

My assumption is that the battery is down due to lack of use and it knows this so is preserving the battery. Is this a reasonable assumption?

If not, any suggestions of what else might cause it?

If so, I guess investing in a battery conditioner is a good idea. Any recommendations for a good one that's e.g. got a remote connector for easy plug in/out without lifting the bonnet?

Thanks.
2014 RWD R Coupe in Polaris White

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

It was warm today. If you had air con on and it was struggling to maintain cabin temperature then auto stop start will not kick in. It also won't start/stop if your in manual for example, steering angle and a few other things. Might not be battery but more about conditions.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
HaloJones

Post by HaloJones »

Miracle if it works isn't it?
scm

Post by scm »

leedsjag wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:42 pm ... I guess investing in a battery conditioner is a good idea. Any recommendations for a good one that's e.g. got a remote connector for easy plug in/out without lifting the bonnet?
The battery is in the boot/trunk so no bonnet lifting necessary to access it. However, there are a couple of jump terminals under the bonnet that some folks on the US forum have used to attach a CTEK connector to, and then run it down into the wheel arch. The socket end is then accessed by popping the connector out of the wheel arch liner.

Lots of us have the CTEK MXS 5.0 which seems to be perfectly adequate to maintain your battery, and have usually added the connector lead somewhere in the boot, either free hanging or using a CTEK panel connector which requires cutting a hole in the boot lining to fit it.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
api330

Post by api330 »

Be happy. I wish mine would stop working must be the worst idea ever invented although I suppose it will save you a £1 every 6 months in fuel costs
santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

It's a terrible feature and puts unnecessary strain on the battery and self starter !! I hate it and always make sure it's off. When I forget and exit my suburb, I don't think I'm doing the car a favors by starting after 1 week, only for it to switch of/on again in 2 mins when I'm at the gate.
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

HaloJones

Post by HaloJones »

HaloJones wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:05 pm Miracle if it works isn't it?
Having picked up my first f-type today I'm pleasantly surprised that the Stop/Start works! My former car - a 2015 XE Portolio - hasn't worked for years despite regularly reconditioning its battery.
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Yep the F-type system is much better. Our 2015 XE SS packed in after a couple of years unless the battery was reconditioned. Eventually it gave up altogether. The newer XEs have a 95ah battery rather than the 80ah ones, which solves the issue. My 2015 F type worked every time for 6 years, irrespective of air con, temperature etc.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

Your 14 plate car has a seperate battery for the stop start so regardless of the main battery being in good condition
stop start still wont work.
Mine hasn't worked for years and i dont care lol
Firesand Coupe R
Vossen HF-3 Satin Bronze
SVR Rear Spoiler
H&R springs
Oem Project 7 grill
VAP tune, upper and lower pulleys,
200 cell cats, induction kit.
Supersprint cat back valved back box
Loud, very loud lol
650-660 bhp
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Same as Timbo 😉
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post