Noisy speaker door rattles.

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Jagman14

Post by Jagman14 »

I know this topic has been around the block a few times now but....

I have the problem that a lot of other people are reporting with both passenger and driver doors rattling when I have the stereo on and not even that loud..

is this a known fault now recognised by jaguar and can I take the car back to the dealer to get the problem fixed?

Regards

Jagman...

scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo »

Hi Jagman14,

As you say, the rattling speaker issue is not new. It has been aired on US forums consistently and on this one. So best take it in to get fixed whilst the warranty is still in force.

Regards,

Scoobydoo scoobydoo2015-08-10 12:42:36
Salsa Red V6S Coupe, Performance Heated Seats, Memory Pack, 20" DC Gyrodynes, Heated Windscreen, Blind Spot Detection & CVS, Meridian Audio, Powered Tailgate, Illuminated Tread Plates and Big Smile!
rsc

Post by rsc »

Can I ask if anyone has actually had the speaker vibration / rattling fixed under warranty and how it was resolved ? I have my car booked into Bradford Jaguar on 6th Oct. Also I have a rattle from the dashboard area above the glovebox which I also hope they sort. Note. I have the standard Jaguar audio system.
Thanks
Alex...

rsc2015-09-30 10:57:04
captainham

Post by captainham »

Still waiting for my booking at the dealer...
F-Type V6S IRR Coupe MY2016 AT
NISHSO

Post by NISHSO »

I had a speaker problem (door) when I first got my car, took it back about 2 weeks later for them to look at and they replaced the speaker (under warranty) as it was blown. I have the Meridian 380w system.
I have to say, I'm not that impressed with the extra money I spent on the upgrade here. to me, paying that sort of money, I should be able to set it at any configuration and it should sound great but no. you have to be carful not to put too much subwoofer on or if you do turn the base down, or if you turn the base up turn the treble and subwoofer down etc. etc. otherwise, everything vibrates!
give me the Bose system that Audi use any day!
rant over Cry
Regards
NISHSO
Jagman14

Post by Jagman14 »

Morning,

Got the various rattles fixed in both doors by the local dealer under warranty.
They said they had "padded out the doors" whatever that means, but it seems to have worked.

I do agree with you about the quality of the system. (I have the 380 upgrade) and you do have to balance the sub/bass/treble settings for whatever style of music you want to listen too.

Found the best balance of settings to be -
The music turned off
The windows wide open
The active exhaust doing its thing.... Wink

Jagman...

OB123

Post by OB123 »

Hi all - just to join in the sound system discussion - I have the basic system in my coupe and frankly it really isnt very good. Not sure if the ''average'' sound quality is related to the speakers being so close the seats ?? but I really don't think the sound quaility is as good as it should be in a £60k car - especially at higher volumes (there is distortion and booming - not great)
My last car (BMW 6 series was miles better - and had a hard drive for uploading CDs)
For comparision - my partner has new Fiesta ST2 (just a brilliant car by the way) and the Sony system in that is miles better than the one in my Jag - better sound / functionality / ease of use/ radio reception (DAB and FM is better) - and all in a £18k car
I love my F type - but this is an area in which I think Jag could do better.
V8 AWD Coupe - Indus Silver
Tel

Post by Tel »

This seems to be isolated issues with stereos - I have the Meridian 770W and yes, I can make things rattle.
I spent a little time with some good quality (high sample rate) MP3's and CD's and an evening in the garage setting it up.
It takes a while to get the sweet spot, but when you do, you will find that full volume is achievable WITHOUT any issue.
The sound is very good, not the best though admittedly.

I have a MY2016 car, so I guess any rattle issues may have been ironed out. There are many sound deadening solutions out there, and I think Dynamat is the one Jag have used. As for rattles, well, that's caused buy loose parts; i.e wiring looms, trim, nuts, washers etc hitting their own resonant frequency and 'vibrating' if you will.

Must admit, when the roof is down all I want to hear is the exhaust note! The other half drowns that out successfully LOL
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
captainham

Post by captainham »

They said they had "padded out the doors" whatever that means, but it seems to have worked.

So far, my dealer has said that fitting Dynamat would void the warranty...but as I'm still waiting for the new front speakers to arrive for my first warranty claim, I'm keeping my peace for now and will hope they arrive at their own conclusions...
F-Type V6S IRR Coupe MY2016 AT
rsc

Post by rsc »

As far as I know I have the basic 180W Jaguar sound system fitted to my July 2014 Coupe which I thought had 6 speakers in the doors - 3 in each door .. I noticed today that there are speaker fitted behind the seats which operate at a very low volume and there is no fader function to turn them up ... is this standard on the basic setup ? (spec check shows "Jaguar Enhanced Sound System" which I assume is the default)

Car booked into Leeds next week for the rattle .. I will let you know how it goes.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post