Noisy speaker door rattles.

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Jagalot

Post by Jagalot »

I thought the "speakers" behind the seats in the base system were just grills with no actual speakers in.

rsc

Post by rsc »

That's why I was surprised to find them!
rsc2015-10-08 16:02:36
Snapper

Post by Snapper »

I have rattles in both doors and rear speakers. I have the Surround 770w upgrade and the quality is, quite frankly, dismal. I had an Audi RS6 with the standard Bose system which was exceptional.

It went in on Tuesday to the dealer and basically all that happened was they confirmed there is a problem - that was a waste of a day!!

The loan XE they gave me had the base Meridian system and the sound from that was way, way better than the Surround in my F Type.

I have asked Hannah to try and smooth the path for me and get some head-office support when it goes back in to the dealer in a week or so. I will update on progress.
rsc

Post by rsc »

Car went into Leeds this week and they quickly confirmed there was an issue with a rattle from above the glovebox area and a vibration from the passenger speaker ... They ordered a replacement speaker to be on the safe side when they have the car in pieces and will keep the car for 2 days providing me with a loan car... All good so far :)
captainham

Post by captainham »

There's a technical bulletin for some of the earlier VIN numbers, involving dynamat install, but not applicable to my MY2016 😔

Been waiting a month for my replacement door speakers so far...captainham2015-10-16 19:46:47
F-Type V6S IRR Coupe MY2016 AT
Jagman14

Post by Jagman14 »

I had a few issues with various door rattles at various places around both doors.

They were repaired after a visit to the dealers. What they did I can't really say and they never really told me.
The rattles still sometime appear from time to time but no where near as often as before.

I guess it's a problem that is never really going to be resolved fully as it really depends on
The type of music you listen too
The audio set up... Sub/bass trim
The volume you Listen to our music.
I realise it's never going to be perfect so just accept it for what it is and enjoy the overall experience rather than letting the odd rattle annoy me.

That's not to say there are not some genuine and real issues out there, as clearly there are and I do hope you guys get the audio systems set up and working to a standard that is acceptable to your own ears.

Jagman.....
BigGrin

Post by BigGrin »

Dead chuffed....buzz fixed! The driver's side door has been buzzing since I collected the car at 12,000 miles, been driving me nuts. First I downloaded a signal generator from Google Play so I could find the exact frequency that stimulated the rattle and reproduce it at will. Then I removed the door panel (I'll say how later) so I could play the signal while poking things to see where the buzz was being generated. It came from a piece of wiring loom that was pressing against the little speaker above the woofer. I could bend the loom away from the speaker and hey presto, no more buzz. The panel comes off by removing six torx screws and then firmly pulling starting at the top end near the hinge. Watch this video to see how to remove the screws
scm

Post by scm »

Always good to find the root cause - now you can enjoy your car again!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post