flat battery

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
jsjskos

Post by jsjskos »

I had the same issue as you deano7. my dashboard kept saying battery low. following several arguments with the Jaguar servicing team for months, I was advised to drive the car around the block ever 2 weeks or so without auto stop/start and to recharge the battery and also to purchase a Jaguar battery charger/conditioner to kickstart the car if required. I had at some point the battery fully recharged but it didn't really help. I guess you just got to keep driving and enjoying your car :)

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

simpleR wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:59 pm I still dont get why you need these chargers and such like. Mine has not moved, started or anything since 3rd July (still in plaster cast people).

I've just unlocked it and turned ignition on but not started it and it doesn't say low battery yet and no warnings so locked it back up. (Double lock of course).

I only went it to pop a new 64gb SD card into dashcam I just purchased to upgrade the 32gb one already in. (The dashcam is in park mode btw).

Hoping to be driving again next Wednesday so that will be 4 weeks exactly locked up and not started. I am not anticipating any issues. Why would I??
Just to confirm mine has been sat for 7 weeks and 2 days and today Ive been out driving again. No low warnings or battery issues. Started immediately on the press of the button. Nice to back in it after so long. 😊
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Tel

Post by Tel »

Cars that are coming up to three or so years old, are starting to see weaknesses...mainly in the FIAMM batteries.

@simpleR - Those members that have no issues (yet), more than likely have newer model cars and as such the battery will be healthier. Time will tell.

Our car gets regular trips (start/stop OFF), kept in a perfect indoors atmosphere and has the obligatory CTEK hooked up...LOw Battery warnings started just before the three year mark, as does failure to fully latch the hood closed.

One way round this is to fit a battery with a greater Ah capacity, or one option that I am investigating is a battery isolator switch. I'm not convinced that AGM is that good so far....
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩