Gyeon Ceramic Coating

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

I’m looking into getting a ceramic coating and see a few references to Gyeon on the forum. Looks to get good reviews on some sites, but there are too many influencers and biased test forums around these days to trust much..

Interested in anyone who has experience of this or indeed an alternative they recommend. Looking for long lasting, sensible price say £500. - £700 and a manageable future care regime.

Have a quote from a local detailed to do it inc. Light mop, paint preparation and wheels off treatment

Not interested in film protection at this stage
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more

NCE 61

Post by NCE 61 »

I had the Gyeon ceramic coating applied when the car was new, five years on it still makes it easy to clean. I think it’s beneficial to have the paint corrected first even if the car is new.

Still looking good:-

IMG_1117.jpeg

2018.5 F-Type Convertible 2.0 Litre BRG
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

That's very helpful - thanks
Paint will be corrected first to remove any swirls, etc.
Shine on your paint looks awesome and you have the best rims too
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

NCE 61 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 10:00 am I had the Gyeon ceramic coating applied when the car was new, five years on it still makes it easy to clean. I think it’s beneficial to have the paint corrected first even if the car is new.

Still looking good:-

IMG_1117.jpeg
That shine looks the dogs!

As said, best wheels plus the best colour plus the steering wheel on the best side! :D
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
NCE 61

Post by NCE 61 »

MajorTom wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 5:19 pm
That shine looks the dogs!

As said, best wheels plus the best colour plus the steering wheel on the best side! :D
The detailing company I used did a very good job, full detail, PPF to the front and the Gyeon ceramic coating including wheels, soft top & interior, not very cheap here in Belgium, but has saved me hours of cleaning waxing etc :)
2018.5 F-Type Convertible 2.0 Litre BRG

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post