Jaguar Here Login

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
NCE 61

Post by NCE 61 »

Has anyone had issues logging into the Jaguar Here on a 2018 MY with the physical buttons for the screen? I set this up when I fist had the car five years ago and all worked well I could synchronise destinations from my phone etc. However I recently noticed the synchronising was no longer working, I tried logging out the car and logging back in again and now receive the following message:-

IMG_5540.jpeg

This is nothing to do with SIM card limitations as this is unlimited and I can still receive other information such as the weather.

I have been in touch with Jaguar customer service about this and I had a couple of suggestions:-

1/ Activate the assistance button this does some sort of reset.
2/ Delete the Jaguar Here account and add a new one.

I have tried both of these without success and on deleting and adding the account I can no longer add a car from there as I did when first setting this up five years ago, at that time you had to add the cars VIN and all I get now is a blank screen on that section of the WEB site.

I am still waiting for a further response from Jaguar on this, but has anyone else had this issue on a same MY car and how was it resolved?
2018.5 F-Type Convertible 2.0 Litre BRG

MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

I experienced the same thing on my late MY18 car a couple of times. Some time it just helped to directly log in again, and some other time it was impossible to log in and I got this message but just left it and then managed to log on again a couple of days later.

It seems like this is one of the down sides with the otherwise well functioning system. Same thing with the online media feature that I use to access the car's Spotify client - got kicked out there a couple of times too.
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
NCE 61

Post by NCE 61 »

Thanks for the reply I have been trying to log back in for the past week, even tried this at different locations in case it’s a signal strength problem, but no go. I am starting to think the software requires updating as date shows 2019 although no update available when checked. I don’t know how it knows this as not sure SOTA is enabled/available on the screen with buttons as WIFI and hotspot are also not available. I will have to see what Jaguar come back with or wait until the next service.
NCE 61

Post by NCE 61 »

Car serviced yesterday, informed the software was updated still the same problem the car can’t be logged in to Jaguar Here.Main issue is the maps can’t be updated as no car showing on Jaguar Here website so can’t access the maps page, and I was intending to pay the €160 for the three years of updates!
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

Strange, then something is not right with your car. Some broken module? My Here access has been fine and it's been quite some time since I had any such brief access issue.
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
NCE 61

Post by NCE 61 »

MajorTom wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:03 pm Strange, then something is not right with your car. Some broken module? My Here access has been fine and it's been quite some time since I had any such brief access issue.
The telemetric module checks out OK, and has a good 4g connection so appears to be no fault there, one strange thing is that if the 4g card is removed the weather app no longer works and this normally uses the inbuilt SIM card all a bit strange. I have connected Jaguar again about this ,but don’t hold up much hope of an answer. Really all I want to do is update the maps ,but with Jaguars antiquated system that a car has to be logged in to do this even when they are downloaded to a memory stick on a PC.
Dynamic Dek

Post by Dynamic Dek »

I assume you have checked in the connections menu that "use mobile data" is selected to on as this reverts to off if you remove and re-insert the sim card.
P450 21MY Firenze Red
NCE 61

Post by NCE 61 »

Dynamic Dek wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:59 am I assume you have checked in the connections menu that "use mobile data" is selected to on as this reverts to off if you remove and re-insert the sim card.
Yes I did notice that one as I noticed that the 4g was no longer indicating on the screen when it was re-inserted,although you would think it would automatically recognise a SIM card when inserted and switch it on.
Mattdad

Post by Mattdad »

Hi
Really frustrating this one, I have same issue and tried the same solutions suggested by Jag support, with no success. The car is going back into the dealer with this and a couple of other issues so fingers crossed they can help, as I am looking at buying a classic defender from them which may encourage a little effort to resolve the f type issues? Oh the car is my18 3.0 V6 with hard buttons on the sides of the screen.

I will post back next week with any news on this one.
Cheers
Matt
NCE 61

Post by NCE 61 »

Mattdad wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:00 pm Hi
Really frustrating this one, I have same issue and tried the same solutions suggested by Jag support, with no success. The car is going back into the dealer with this and a couple of other issues so fingers crossed they can help, as I am looking at buying a classic defender from them which may encourage a little effort to resolve the f type issues? Oh the car is my18 3.0 V6 with hard buttons on the sides of the screen.

I will post back next week with any news on this one.
Cheers
Matt
It is a very frustrating issue I hope you have more success than I have had so far in resolving this. I also hinted to Jaguar that we were thinking of buying another car from them, but would possibly not if issues like this could not be resolved, although still waiting for a reply

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post