Noise !

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
maddog1982

Post by maddog1982 »

I have a 2017 facelift v6s 375 AWD and it sounds lovely, revs up on startup and pops and cracks etc. Truly wonderful! Its being serviced by Jag as we speak and they lent me a brand new 2.0. This doesn't rev up on start up and is a little (lot) more civilized. So, this brings me onto the question, what year did the noise start to get watered down? I am in a position I could buy a 2020 v8 P450 or even strech to a brand new edition 75. However, I am wondering if these will sound quite mute. No dealers around me have one to drive unfortunately. I do not want this thread to turn into a engine bashing thread! All three engines suit different needs and while I love my V6 I just love the sound of an 8 cylinder car.

mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

The quieter cars started with MY19, which will be around the later 2018 registrations onwards. Theres some discussion in this previous post viewtopic.php?t=6500&start=10
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
maddog1982

Post by maddog1982 »

Cheers Mick, I'll check that thread out!
scm

Post by scm »

Your best bet is to test drive the cars you're interested in and assess whether they're noisy enough for you! Hope yours comes back from Jag in its original noisy state! :)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Indeed - I’d not go near a main dealer now for precisely that concern.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
munchie

Post by munchie »

The 2020 model years cars are quieter but pulling fuse 15 does make a lot more difference to the exhaust note below 3000rpm. I have a 21 P450 and pulling this fuse has been a godsend, the noise isn’t drones on the motorway either.
kevc

Post by kevc »

The P450 is not as 'quiet' as some would claim. If you read American facebook posts you'd think it was like driving a tesla.

I haven't taken fuse 15 out. I kind of like that it can be civilised if I want and noisy if I want. I had to take a friend to the airport not long ago and left at 5am. I would definitely not have wanted a full bore start up at that time to annoy the neighbours. Likewise if I'm passing someone walking a dog or a bunch of little kids that might scare easily I can just rumble on by. But if you want a noisy start you just turn the ignition on, press the exhaust button and then start up and you get the full noise. You can easily make it bang and crackle as well when you like.
Bluefire P450 AWD Dec '21

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post