UAD Carplay/Android Auto Installed

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Chris - SWE

Post by Chris - SWE »

Sorry to wake up an old topic.
Finally tried to find that green/white cable for the reverse light to stop the camera from flickering.
Tough maybe i could be lucky and source it from behind the armrest but couldn't find it and the cables sit way to tight.

2.jpg

My question is how do i remove the panel behind the seat?
How is it attached, do i need to remove the other panel sitting ontop first and if so how?

Thanks in advance.

1.jpg

Kev

Post by Kev »

That's a speaker grille. Normally there's a reverse/camera feed in the ISO connections or head unit connection in the dashboard, so where does the UAD connect into the main loom? And do bear in mind that some of those twisted pairs could be CANBUS lines
MY18 V6S AWD P400 Santorini Black
MY16 V6S AWD British Racing Green (Rejected)
Chris - SWE

Post by Chris - SWE »

Hi.

Found this picture somewhere else (sorry don't have the source) of someone who took the panel of and managed to splice into the signal. (Bottom right)
I´m not trying to just remove the speaker grill but the whole trim piece that it´s attached to. (Behind the seat)

IMG_5069.JPG

I believe that there is no "trigger" signal going to the UAD since the camera picture just flickers (on/off) upon selecting reverse, and that's why i´m trying to manually source it.
My second option would be to find it in the boot section and make a completely new wire.
AngieR

Post by AngieR »

I have Android Auto installed and use Waze as I find it better than the Jaguar sat nav. I wondered if it is possible to have it displayed in the second small screen as you can with the Jaguar version. To have it on the display behind the steering wheel would be a bonus.
P300 R Dynamic - 2021
British Racing Green Metallic
Pano Roof
20" Wheels Dark Grey Diamond Turned Finish.
Lots of extras.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post