Wing mirror questions

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Maxwood

Post by Maxwood »

I have a 2023 f-type p450 in the USA, I’m British and in the UK for work at the moment.

I’ve damaged the left side wing mirror (just the black plastic, the cap and mirror are fine). I’m looking for a replacement. My car doesn’t have folding mirrors or blind spot assist.

Does anyone know if I can buy a UK wing mirror and fit it to a US f-type? (They’re a lot cheaper here)

Also, are there any differences since the facelift? Most ads say 2014-2023 so I’m assuming they’re the same?

Thanks for any help you can give me!

cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Interesting question as often RHS and LHS mirrors can’t be interchanged as the mirror’s arc of movement of the glass cannot accommodate a change of driving position from one side of the car to the other. However, a quick look at my mirrors show the LH mirror (passenger) can move enough to accept a LH side driver. Hope that makes sense.
So given the mirrors to you info cover all years I can see no reason for a UK mirror not to fit. Worse case is JLR may have done something with connectors so would need a bit of wiring/plug swapping.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Maxwood

Post by Maxwood »

That's very helpful, thank you!
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

Very often the glass is different, eg. different radius of curvature, or US markings, "objects in the mirror may be closer than they appear". As you say your mirror glass is ok, I would have thought the mirror body would be the same. Just my thoughts, I've no proof!
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
Maxwood

Post by Maxwood »

NavigatorNI wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 11:17 pm Very often the glass is different, eg. different radius of curvature, or US markings, "objects in the mirror may be closer than they appear". As you say your mirror glass is ok, I would have thought the mirror body would be the same. Just my thoughts, I've no proof!
Yeah there nothing written on the glass and I have the original so fingers crossed it’s fine!

If anyone happens to know a good place to buy one from that would also be good to know!
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

I’d start on eBay. Dozens sale with prices around £200 mark.
You don’t actually say which piece is broken, but I personally feel it’s a simple job to take any mirror and rebuild your own using parts from a spare. Of course if a colour code part is broken then best to start with one at least in the right colour.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post