Air bag light?

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
ratbag

Post by ratbag »

3 weeks out of warranty and 3 weeks after 3 year main dealer service the airbag light has come on. How are JLR customer relations going to handle this if I moan to them?? Not impressed!

cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

ratbag wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:06 pm 3 weeks out of warranty and 3 weeks after 3 year main dealer service the airbag light has come on. How are JLR customer relations going to handle this if I moan to them?? Not impressed!
If the car has been serviced by a JLR dealer I’m sure they will accommodate you. If not then starting point would be a call to JLR and seems reasonable for them to help, even if only a part contribution.

Where are you based as many on here have diagnostic kit to be able to pinpoint the location of the problem? I’m Burton on Trent area and happy to look.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I cannot find if you have previously posted your make/model etc.
Do double check your warranty start date on OSH and if you purchased used as used approved from Jaguar then it would come with 1yr warranty as well.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
scm

Post by scm »

ratbag wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:06 pm 3 weeks out of warranty and 3 weeks after 3 year main dealer service the airbag light has come on. How are JLR customer relations going to handle this if I moan to them?? Not impressed!
You didn't extend the warranty? :shock:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
ratbag

Post by ratbag »

N0, I do not take out extended warranties on my Hoover, my lawnmower, or my cars! Never have done, don't expect to get out more than I pay in.! A 2021 facelift 6000 mile P450 I do next expect an major issues justifying thousand on an "extended warranty!
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

I think with a Jaguar you need to go in eyes wide open.
Fantastic cars and a bit left field from the norm, but not without a few foibles.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
ratbag

Post by ratbag »

Thanks everyone. Yes my local JLR dealaer Jardine Tonbridge is confident they can repair under warranty even though it is 3 weeks out :D :D
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

I've heard of this a few times, with Jaguar picking up the tab, when just out of warranty.

After I sold my V6, I left it with a couple of months extended warranty to run out. I kept getting renewal emails for ages after it had expired, so I reckon taking out extended warranty might have a little flexibility too
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post