Ftype roof won’t open

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
JimJimJarroo

Post by JimJimJarroo »

Hi everyone,

I have a 2015 ftype v6s.

I’ve just this second parked with roof down and as I was closing the roof with the button I unbelted my seatbelt and at that exact moment the roof did not finish its process.

I now can’t open or close the roof. I got a max 30mph warning implying it’s not latched properly when I was initially closing it but that warning has now gone.

Any advice as I will need to drive it back soon and worried it’s going to blow open or something.

Had it for 2 years, never had an issue. Coincidently I’ve just had the car detailed today and wondering if it’s water/sensor related.

As an interesting note. If I put the windows down and press the close roof button it will make the windows go up. If you press the button again to close (with windows already closed) you hear a click on each door. Pressing the button to lower roof does not lower the windows

Is there a way I can manually open without tools?

Thanks

Jim

JimJimJarroo

Post by JimJimJarroo »

Update: it worked 30 mins later (both open and close). And then as I was driving My windows tried to randomly go down as if I was pressing the roof button. Now When I try to open the roof the window moves down 1cm with each press of the button (rather than continuously) but the roof will not unlatch.
scm

Post by scm »

How's your battery voltage? The first thng I'd do is make sure it's fully charged and then start diagnosing.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
JimJimJarroo

Post by JimJimJarroo »

Was defo related to water ingress messing with the electrics. All works fine now after a couple of days post jet wash

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post