Technical question after having bought my F-Type

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

I wonder if there's a small backup battery in the entertainment system somewhere which is supposed to retain the station memories. If this had failed it might result in the issue you describe. However I don't know if this exists or not. Good idea Ralph1780, disconnecting the main battery for a while often cures odd electrical problems.
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D

MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

NavigatorNI wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:07 pm I wonder if there's a small backup battery in the entertainment system somewhere which is supposed to retain the station memories. If this had failed it might result in the issue you describe. However I don't know if this exists or not. Good idea Ralph1780, disconnecting the main battery for a while often cures odd electrical problems.
Good point. A deep dive in the workshop manual should answer the question about a possible battery.
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
Lio91

Post by Lio91 »

To give you an update on the radio stations, after having talked with the jag dealer, a media update may solve the issue, however as I didn't want to implement the H239 update (sound level of the exhaust), they mentioned there is a risk of loading it with the media update. They don't want to take the risk... Me neither...
For the service information into the dashboard menu, they mentioned that early cars (mine was build in 03/2016) don't have this information. It was implemented later on. According them no possibility to add it into the menu. The warning message will pop up when service time will be necessary
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY17, Italian Racing Red, 20" Cyclone black
Lots of pleasure driving... :D :D

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post