Rattle from super charger cooling after replaced by Sytner Bristol

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Elibomrod

Post by Elibomrod »

Morning all,

More woes with the f-type
Recently had 2017 v6s in to sort a coolant leak (that they never found :-( ) and as part of that they said it had a bad coupler - think they called symposer? Anyway, said could be sorted under my extended warranty .

Got it back and seems worse… rattle obvious at idle feels like can get to get quieter if partially lift off throttle - maybe load related on the supercharger belt.

Did wonder if it’s new part thing - so run for a month or so but if anything getting worse

Is there anything that can go wrong on fitting of the couplers? - hope not in backwards!

Doesn’t do ( and never has ) done the clunk when switching off.

Will get it back to them…just don’t want to be fobbed off (like the coolant problem) and said is normal.

Anyone got any experiences?

Si
2017 V6 S AWD in silver

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

The symposer is the tube / duct thing that (supposedly) feeds supercharger whine into the cabin.
It’s at the rear of the supercharger, so opposite end to the coupler.
It doesn’t seem to do much of a job and some people just remove it.
I’d be straight back, get the service manager to come for a short drive, and get it sorted.
If they did it under extended warranty you’re free to take it to any main stealer to get it sorted - not your problem if they are different companies running them, that’s for them to sort out between themselves.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post