Infotainment system

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

So is your car within the VIN code that LR mention?

Interesting re the air-con - does this mean you won’t be able to override the auto function and set the footwell/face/screen outputs?

And will you also have to leave the centre vent set constantly to either always open or auto rise?

If you have separate left and right temperature control does it sync by pressing the auto finger switch as well as the screen button?

Just trying to get my head around any compromises to be aware of.

Hope all goes smoothly and you have a nice result.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust

Mike405

Post by Mike405 »

Hi, yes the VIN number contains the required JCK number which confirms that the upgrade is possible.

I attach copy of the ‘warning’ notice that Mo sent to me, he is clearly an honest chap (unlike some others!) so I am content to go ahead with the procedure.

Hi,

Please see the following notes so that you can make your final decision and we can book in a date:

The 8" to 10" InControl Touch Pro upgrade will give you Apple CarPlay & Android Auto as a direct result. This is not a paid extra. However, we have recently learned that you will unfortunately lose the climate screen so this would mean losing the ability to direct air flow i.e to the body or to the feet. You will still have all the other heating and cooling functions as the F-Type has separate climate control panel for this.

This is the only downside to this upgrade. All of our previous customers agree that having the larger display along with the more modern interface, and of course Apply CarPlay & Android Auto, outweigh this and still chose to continue.

You will need to ensure that your infotainment system is fully up to date in order for Apple CarPlay & Android Auto to be available to you.

The retrofit takes roughly two hours to complete. The price is £800.

We just feel it's better to fully disclose all aspects of the retrofit.

Regards,
LR Retrofits

The existing heating controls are linked to each other and cannot be operated independently.

I have a new T ROC for most journeys and do miss the ability to have Android Auto, Waze, Google Maps etc. in the F Type although I really do like the car, far superior to a 911 I had a few years ago.
2018 P300 R Dynamic Coupe in Caldera Red, Pan Roof, 20” wheels
Mike405

Post by Mike405 »

Mo came to fit the new 10.2 inch screen this afternoon. I know that he has been recommended on the forum before but I think his skills have been underplayed.

He is extremely meticulous during the installation process, he is both professional and a very pleasant chap, it was a pleasure to have him at my house.

When the installation is completed you would not realise that the new screen was not an original fitment from new. The screen is OEM Jaguar, not a Chinese replica. Everything that I wanted, Android Auto, Waze, Google Maps, Spotify etc, etc, is there and movement from one app to another is quick and smooth. I am delighted with the transformation, looks exactly the same as a 2023 model and I have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending anyone wanting this upgrade to contact Mo, you will not regret the decision.
2018 P300 R Dynamic Coupe in Caldera Red, Pan Roof, 20” wheels

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post