What are the original pads from the factory fitted in the F-Type?

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Take a look at ebcbrakes.com using their pad selector tool, rather than just plucking manufacturers and pad types out without looking at the pros and cons.
EBC tools allow you to see the tradeoffs between different types of pads in a wide colour coded range.
Once you have this sort of info you can decide what matters and as per previous posts the compromise
Although I’ve used them on many applications for years my use will be different to yours (low dust, good performance, some fast driving, etc. using green and red pads) so I’m not recommending them specifically., rather the selection process.

For what it’s worth I consider ceramic pads more a marketing tool than a guide to what suits a car and driving style and the Jurid you reference have no wear indicator.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more

santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

Good Day All. I'm picking up on this thread.
For normal driving (not racing or braking hard) whats the life (km's) on can reasonably expect from pads. My car has 31000kms and I've been told it's around 50% worn.
And when the time comes for replacement are pads such as ATE, Ferodo, Brembo or other after market recommended ? the OE pad from JLR here in South Africa seems skyhigh in relation to the same in the UK which I found is GBP47 and GBP80 (Rear and Front).
In Rands, we're being charged about 9x the equivalent exchange rate !! I'm sure these cars came with TRW oringally and I see TRW's on the rears.

Another question is whether a TRW aftermarket is the same as a JLR part (assuming it's also TRW).
What about fitment. Can any competent brake centre do it or is there something special to these performance cars that I should be aware of.

Thanks.
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

please help with this question. thanks
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

Trevize

Post by Trevize »

ftype777 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:26 pm Thank you, tell me then such a question, the front original pads stood originally, and original discs, at high speeds the car braked very well and the brakes braked perfectly after a few sharp brakes, but when I drove in the city, they are even at the slightest pressure very sharp were, was not comfortable (probably because very hard on the composition of the pads). I decided to change to Brembo pads, the brakes in the city became soft and comfortable, on the highway if you brake the first times (while the discs are not heated especially), all normal brakes, but then after 3-6 attempts to brake in a short interval, they begin to brake very badly and begins to hit the steering wheel very hard (strong vibration). When the discs are left, the vibration disappears until they warm up again. I understand that this is because Brembo discs are very soft and when heated up they stop braking and give vibrations. And if you go to the original hard, in the city will not be comfortable. Is there any replacement pads, so that and more less comfortable and that on the track when heated did not vibrate and normal brakes? Advise what brands can be put on the front? What do you think about ceramic pads, like ATE is?

(front and rear discs are original, rear pads are original TRW)
I'm experiencing exactly the same behaviour with Brembo rotors and pads, vibrating when heated up... scary how they even brand Brembo as "performance" brakes! I'm honestly disappointed with them and I didn't even feel such a comfort improvement over original rotors and pads.

Have anyone managed to solve this issue? Is it just a matter of replacing rotors? Any other brand recommended that can be easily purchased in mainland EU? Shopping for 380" rotors it appears only choices are Brembo, ATE and Mayle...
MY16 F-Type V6S Coupé AWD
santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

I requested an aftermarket quote and was quoted the original Jaguar (presumably TRW) with the comment that these are the only pads for this car.
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

Kev

Post by Kev »

Have a look at pagid. They're an OE supplier for a lot of the German marques, and are highly rated. People on this forum use them, and I've used them on numerous motors over the years including my vans for work without any issues or warping

The only Brembo pads worth fitting are those which go in their 4-pot (or bigger) calipers. Their standard road pads are just that, standard with a Brembo sticker on the box for marketing
MY18 V6S AWD P400 Santorini Black
MY16 V6S AWD British Racing Green (Rejected)
Trevize

Post by Trevize »

Can you please share Pagid ref number or web page?
I can't seem to find the appropriate part number. On their website I can only spec the RSL-19 which is meant for track endurance use, only for front brakes (no rear options).
Thanks
MY16 F-Type V6S Coupé AWD
Tel

Post by Tel »

I would suggest using best pads you can affford pads in the F-Type.

Those favoured by our brothers across the pond, plus a few folk on here including myself are R4-S's form Porterfield. They are quiet, very low dust, and grip teh OEM rotors like sh!t to a blanket!

https://davidapplebyengineering.com/Sho ... P_1750/629
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's