What are the original pads from the factory fitted in the F-Type?

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
ftype777

Post by ftype777 »

Can you tell me, F-type 2014.
380mm brake system, what brand (I mean original pads from the factory) brake pads are fitted front and rear?

1) The front pads are original Jaguar T2R 7248 are these like ATE pads? Can I just buy ATE and it will be the same?
2) Rear pads Jaguar T2R 7946 are TRW pads? Can I just buy TRW and it will be the same?

I.e. ATE front, TRW rear? Or are there other brands out there, if so can you tell me which ones?

Stu67

Post by Stu67 »

I think you'll get a few different answers here, OE suppliers of consumables like pads change at regular intervals, for instance, mine were just stamped up as Jaguar along with part No, no manufacturers info at all.

Any of the big name manufacturers pads will be fine for road use, personally I would be more bothered about having the same manufacturers pad type on all 4 corners.

Stu.
Kev

Post by Kev »

My personal preference is for Pagid discs and pads as they're an OE supplier to a lot of the German brands, and I've found them to be rather good
MY18 V6S AWD P400 Santorini Black
MY16 V6S AWD British Racing Green (Rejected)
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Yep, another vote for Pagid here.

Often can be bought for a very good price from Eurocarparts with their frequent discount codes - also, once you are sure of the part numbers, try Halfords - they also price keenly sometimes, if not consistently - much like their own parts look up system, that I would advise not to trust - e.g. incorrect HID bulb base reference.

Apologies for the long sentence!
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
ftype777

Post by ftype777 »

Does anyone know?
Stu67

Post by Stu67 »

I think your searching for the impossible, even if the factory pads are ATE/TRW, the compounds used for OE supply will be different to those for aftermarket supply 9 years later. The closest you'll get to OE performance/dust generation will be OE pads from Jag, but these may well not be what was supplied when built, just pads that have the same/similar performance characteristics.
ftype777

Post by ftype777 »

Thank you, tell me then such a question, the front original pads stood originally, and original discs, at high speeds the car braked very well and the brakes braked perfectly after a few sharp brakes, but when I drove in the city, they are even at the slightest pressure very sharp were, was not comfortable (probably because very hard on the composition of the pads). I decided to change to Brembo pads, the brakes in the city became soft and comfortable, on the highway if you brake the first times (while the discs are not heated especially), all normal brakes, but then after 3-6 attempts to brake in a short interval, they begin to brake very badly and begins to hit the steering wheel very hard (strong vibration). When the discs are left, the vibration disappears until they warm up again. I understand that this is because Brembo discs are very soft and when heated up they stop braking and give vibrations. And if you go to the original hard, in the city will not be comfortable. Is there any replacement pads, so that and more less comfortable and that on the track when heated did not vibrate and normal brakes? Advise what brands can be put on the front? What do you think about ceramic pads, like ATE is?

(front and rear discs are original, rear pads are original TRW)
Kev

Post by Kev »

You’ll never get a pad that is good at everything, and most road pads will be a compromise. Soft pads for city driving will be quiet but useless after a few high speed braking efforts, hard pads will be epic for high speed braking but will squeak like a squeaky thing which squeaks a lot at low speed. If the discs can’t clear the heat efficiently then they’ll eventually start to warp. Gas build-up between the pad and disc will cause glazing which also leads to squeaking

It’s always best to match the same manufacturers pads/discs as they tend to work together and tested as such

Have you changed the brake fluid? This is hygroscopic and needs to be changed on a regular basis especially if you’re doing track days as it can boil, ergo changing its characteristics. Certain fluids will be recommended and (I think) DOT 5.1 isn’t always suitable for standard braking systems…
MY18 V6S AWD P400 Santorini Black
MY16 V6S AWD British Racing Green (Rejected)
scm

Post by scm »

Recommended lubricants and fluids are in the Technical Specifications section of the handbook.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
ftype777

Post by ftype777 »

Tell me, what if I put ceramic pads, they should brake well when heated up, is it ok for them?
I'm thinking something like this: Jurid 573150JC

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post