Low battery - new logo door welcome lights

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
scm

Post by scm »

Jaguandy wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:59 am You can also quickly connect a charger to the charging port under the bonnet.
Or "boost terminals" as Jaguar calls them. :shock:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

scm wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:03 am
Jaguandy wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:59 am You can also quickly connect a charger to the charging port under the bonnet.
Or "boost terminals" as Jaguar calls them. :shock:
Yep! Isn't that they way you're supposed to charge the battery? But then again I remember reading somewhere some time (workshop manual perhaps) that Jaguar claim you should never charge the battery while it's fitted to the car which of course is nonsense. :roll:

Using the terminals under the bonnet is the only way I've done it and feels less cumbersome than faffing about around the battery in the back of the car. Only did that with my previous Jags which didn't have any terminals under the bonnet.
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
scm

Post by scm »

Acording to the handbook, it's the way to jump start the car - it says nothing about charging the battery that way. And the Jaguar approved CTEK charger has "official" fittings for mounting in the boot/trunk. I have seen posts from people whose charging via the boost terminals was unsuccessful (possibly because of dodgy wiring causing high resistance) and other posts from people who use those underhood terminals without any problems. So, whatever works for you seems to be fine!
Last edited by scm on Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Stu67

Post by Stu67 »

I use the boost terminal for connecting the Ctek to and have the connector for the charger tucked away In the scuttle panel pocket where the wiper arm sits (Reverse into the garage, so via the boot was never an option) - always worked fine, just need to be careful with the 0V connection.
Bob-ski

Post by Bob-ski »

In my situation I'm giving a Jaguar a chance to look into this. They replaced the battery and are now happy to investigate the issue. I will keep you posted on the feedback.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post