Preventative maintenance

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Lewist

Post by Lewist »

Preventative maintenance

Looking to try & do some preventative maintenance over the winter on some key known issues to try & make the car as reliable as I can, any help on the below would be appreciated.
Only had the car a few weeks so not up to speed on all things Jaguars yet, any other suggestions are welcomed (V6 S garaged & weekend car doing 3k miles, car on Ctek battery conditioner)

* Injector issues, I will be doing the engine cover rubber mat mod, is it a good idea to put a little penetration oil down the bore now to help with removal in the future?

* Rear differential oil change, where is the best place to buy seals / O rings / oil etc?

* Exhaust valves, good idea to lubricate them? If so with what & which part?

gasgas

Post by gasgas »

electrial joint offside front wheel arch, remove cover clean and make water proof
Kev

Post by Kev »

Cross braces could be removed and refurbished as these are a common issue to suffer surface corrosion
MY18 V6S AWD P400 Santorini Black
MY16 V6S AWD British Racing Green (Rejected)
jonm

Post by jonm »

I take the exhaust back box off every year and thoroughly work copper spray grease into the values from both inside and outside.
My engine has been waterproofed by gluing epdm rubber sheets to the underside of the engine cover, diverting rainwater away from the engine, I put a post on here about it somewhere.
I do not drive the car in winter once they have starting griting the roads.
Only use branded super unleaded, might be a waste of money, I don't know, I do it anyway.
My16 F-Type V6 340
scm

Post by scm »

gasgas wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:35 pm electrial joint offside front wheel arch ....
That's the right hand side, for those of you who drive on the wrong side of the road .... :lol:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post