Found a loose wire help

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Mallyf

Post by Mallyf »

Found this hanging down in the foot well under the steering wheel …. Only had the car 2 weeks so was its first deep clean from me….. everything seams to be working fine …. Not sure if I have done it cleaning or was already out …. Any body know were it goes as it must have a home to go too

IMG_4110.jpeg

IMG_4109.jpeg

Newbie with big plans
Starting point
f type s awd 380bhp
gray
black diamond cut wheels
pan roof
Meridian
Upgrade seats
Black pack
1st mods done
Side skirt
All windows tinted sides 55 rear 30

scm

Post by scm »

Footwell light?
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

scm wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:58 pmFootwell light?
Could be as those use lights use Black and Yellow (BK-YE) wiring, but it's also used for other items in the area.
Can't see at glance what the Red/yellow would be for and assuming the photo colours are correct
I'd certainly start with footwell and see if it's illuminating when the passenger side does as they are on spurs of the same wire

Screenshot 2023-12-30 101843.jpg

(from my MY14 diagrams, but doubt it changes)
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Mallyf

Post by Mallyf »

Hi I have one footwell light that works fine under steering wheel close to the center column so do not think it’s that unless I am missing something? The pic is true with colour ….i am going to check see if all the other lights are working on the diagram posted thanks for the help so far 👍 at least I have a starting point now ?
Newbie with big plans
Starting point
f type s awd 380bhp
gray
black diamond cut wheels
pan roof
Meridian
Upgrade seats
Black pack
1st mods done
Side skirt
All windows tinted sides 55 rear 30
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

Hmm, never saw any such loose wire in my car.

I just happened to crawl around my footwells yesterday when I was changing the footwell lights and lubing a creaking glovebox hinge. Reminded me of that it's odd that it's all exposed like that and they didn't add any thin insulating panels like in the footwells of other Jaguars. Must be a penny pinching thing. I've played with the thought of adding some panels there myself as it might reduce cabin noise a smidge.
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

The area under the steering in the footwell is surprisngly naked and untidy with wires all over. I'm not surprised something fell out. I was poking around there looking for the OBD port and though the car (which I purchased used), was missing a cover.
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post