Blown Speaker?

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Posidrive

Post by Posidrive »

I know that the sound system is not the reason for buying an F Type but I'm starting to get really annoyed by the cracking/distortion that I get when I play anything with a decent amount of bass, but this only happens on the driver's side. Could this be a blown speaker in the door?

Also, if it is would it be covered by the Jaguar Extended Warranty? Probably not that difficult to fix but I don't really fancy trying to take the door panel off myself and I supose not a cheap job by a dealer.
2015 V6S AWD Convertible in British Racing Green

santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

No it's not a blown speaker. I have the exact same problem and many have had this. It's a well know issue that the F type needs added internal bracing on the door. The sould system on this car is not up to scratch. We just live with it !
There's some places that specialize in redoing the sound system and door bracing on the F Type.

This problem with the door rattle is surprisingly only when the door is close. Open the door and crank up the volume and it goes away !
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

In case you want to upgrade the door speakers, the superior types are
Tweeter AW93-18808-AC
Mid AW93-18808-BC
Woofer CPLA-18808-FB
I changed mine and added damping inside the door panels. It's much better. But I upgraded the dash speaker as well, it's not a good match, too bright/strong. I didnt do the stuff behind the seats. So it sounds great on the stereo setting faded well forward.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
scm

Post by scm »

if you have the Meridian Surround 770 W system a lot of folk on the US forum found that the software needed updating to correct the crossover frequencies, and reported much improved sound after the update was done.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

Afaik the subwoofer is behind the seats.
Does the software upgrade not apply to the std meridian ?
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

Ratboiler

Post by Ratboiler »

I have the surround system are you saying there is an update for the system?
2021 R Portofino Blue, Convertible, Black interior, Sports seats.
Leonzed29

Post by Leonzed29 »

Is it me or has this guy in the YouTube video installed AW93-18808-EC speaker instead of the BC varient ?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post