InControl Remote Start issue

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Delpel

Post by Delpel »

Still unable to remote start my car. I can do everything else. Took the car to main dealer for diagnostic and SOTA/software update. They were not able to do the software update because they reckon the TCU modules current software is to far out of date. Any thoughts

scm

Post by scm »

What year is your car?
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Delpel

Post by Delpel »

Date of registration is 08/02/2017 It's a face-lift i4 2.0L R-dy. Reg number is D4WSP
scm

Post by scm »

Mine was an April 2017 registration and my remote works fine. But it did have a TCU change in 2018, which may have made a difference ....
Delpel

Post by Delpel »

Well now the Remote Climate/ Start is working. I have little or no faith in my dealers abilities. They said the TCU couldn't be updated. I understand there is a reluctance to do this in case they 'Brick' the TCU module whilst trying.

I got home, parked up and noted an update in progress on the LIVE icon. Drove the car to work and at home time, tried the Remote Start for shits and giggles and hey presto the car fires up.

I'm a happy bunny but have mixed feelings about what the dealer said/did.
scm

Post by scm »

You probably know more about the details of the car than the dealership, escept the real techies there. I suspect a lot of times they try to fob you off to avoid doing work that's not very profitable for them.

Be aware that if you leave the car for 4 days it'll go into deep sleep and won't be remote controllable. You can get round this (if you know you have to plan ahead!) by setting the wake-up timer, but this has to be done within 48 hours of last using the car. And it stays set, even if you use the car earlier than planned!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post