Function Loss with upgrade audio unit

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Panther

Post by Panther »

I'm looking at upgrading the audio unit in my F-Type. I have a 2014 S model, I just want to know that if I replace the original unit for a carplay unit,
do I lose the loss of functions such as Climate control, Ambient lighting Etc
Thanks in advance.

Deleted User 4828

Post by Deleted User 4828 »

It really depends on the unit you are looking to buy. If you have chosen a particular brand check YouTube for any videos regarding it. I have not done this myself and I care less for apps. (sorry auld duffer here)
mono-uk

Post by mono-uk »

so this is how it works on mine, you still have the original system and functionality it doesn't get replaced - apart from one function - NAV

When you hit Nav it then engages the new addon unit - where you get all your new features, android Auto, Apple Carplay and all the good stuff under that like google maps, whatsapp, podcasts, music etc etc

So if you are in Apple Carplay listening to a podcast and put the car into reverse for example it will engage the rear camera as per normal. Or if you touch any of the other buttons like the air vent settings it will instantly go back to the normal Jag system, and it's then a click of the NAV button to go back to the new stuff

So in a nutshell everything you have today stays exactly as it is, and the NAV button now takes you to the good updated stuff. So the only thing you'll lose is you can't ever use the original Jaguar navigation again - which is no loss when you have Google Maps or Waze or whatever your fav navigation tool is
Current: Black MY16 V8R AWD F-Type Convertible, Blade wheels, Exterior Black Pack
Previous: Black MY15 V6S F-Type Convertible, Blade wheels

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post