Chassis Control Module

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Moss

Post by Moss »

Can anyone explain what this does?
Where is it located?

Or, anything at all about it that might be helpful.

TIA
SVR Coupe in Ammonite.

RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Body Control Module. https://parts.jaguarpalmbeach.com/p/Jag ... 22215.html
“An electronic Control unit that monitors and Controls various electronic systems in a vehicle's Body, and communicates with other on-board computers via the car's vehicle bus.”

“A failed body control module can have many symptoms, including intermittent operation of power windows, locks, and seats, a malfunctioning alarm or keyless entry system, or warning lights on the dashboard.”

The 'Body processor module' is shown as item number 1 here.... https://parts.jaguarlandroverclassic.co ... nd/jaguar/ and it's located behind the panel in the passenger side footwell.

Have a read through comment numbers 14 and 18-20 in this link....
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-ty ... ed-225477/

I’ve copied two of them below.....

Comment number 14
“Here's the latest and last update. It all ends well.

The Hendrick Jaguar dealership quoted $1365 to replace the body control module (BCM) and labor. I told them to not do the work as I wanted to source the BCM which I did. However, I still believed that a reset of the BCM might work and didn't think the dealership tested that theory. The just tested with SDD and noticed the BCM was offline. Since we could not access the trunk and get to the battery it made it difficult. So on Friday, I went to the dealership and got my keys from the service department. I remove the panel in passenger foot well, metal bracket, pulled back the carpet where I could get to the BCM. I then disconnected the 3 main connectors from the BCM and waited a 1-2 minutes. Upon reconnecting the main connectors the F-Type came back to life.

Climbed back in the drivers seat and the Start/Stop button was magic.

So instead of handing over $1365 for a reset, I was out the door at $147.

The F-Type is driving great.”

Comment number 18
“Glad to hear it was a simple fix, fingers crossed you don't get a repeat.

Body Control Module is not the official name, it's the Central Junction Box, lift up the floor mat in the passenger side footwell, there is a door in the carpet, behind that door is the Central Junction Box, Body Control Module or whatever you like to call it.

In the owners manual it's described as the Passenger Compartment Fuse Box.”

If you go onto https://www.ownerinfo.jaguar.com/ and select your car’s model year it is shown in the ‘FUSES’ section under ‘PASSENGER SIDE FOOT-WELL FUSE BOX’

Also have a read through comment numbers 1, 4, 40-52 in this link.....
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-ty ... re-226689/

I’ve attached the TOPIx ‘Central Junction Box - Removal and Installation’ file which includes illustrations etc....
F-TYPE (X152) Central Junction Box - Removal and Installation.pdf
(626.35 KiB) Downloaded 16 times

1.png

2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
Moss

Post by Moss »

Many thanks for your time to reply @RPSN
Very comprehensive and helpful.
My dealer referred to resetting it during a query for Adaptive Drive Dynamics; seems the reset might simply have been unplug/reconnect.
SVR Coupe in Ammonite.
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

👍
Moss wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:51 am My dealer referred to resetting it during a query for Adaptive Drive Dynamics; seems the reset might simply have been unplug/reconnect.
Yes it may have been, as per Comment number 14 in my earlier reply. Perhaps a simple ‘battery reset’ would also do the trick?

Out of curiosity, have you had the ‘Adaptive Dynamics Fault’ message appearing on your car’s information panel and/or ‘Special Modes Unavailable’ when trying to select Dynamic Mode?
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid
Moss

Post by Moss »

RPSN wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:34 pm
Out of curiosity, have you had the ‘Adaptive Dynamics Fault’ message appearing on your car’s information panel and/or ‘Special Modes Unavailable’ when trying to select Dynamic Mode?
Yep.
It was the Adaptive Dynamics dashboard message showing, and Special Modes Unavailable…

Totally random time and mileage intervals between the error recurring. 🤔
SVR Coupe in Ammonite.
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Has the issue been fixed or is it still occurring?

Reason I ask is....

Back last year my car’s information panel was displaying the message ‘Adaptive Dynamics Fault’ and showing a yellow/amber warning triangle. Also, when I tried to select Dynamic Mode a message appeared on the information panel saying ‘Special Modes Unavailable’. I took the car to my local independent garage and they did a plug in diagnostic which showed the following fault codes....

C1A05-14 Rear Left Height Sensor – Intermittent Fault
C1A05-22 Rear Left Height Sensor – Permanent Fault

I bought a new Jaguar OEM rear left suspension height sensor and fitted it myself. All has been A-OK since.
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid
Moss

Post by Moss »

Thanks, @RPSN.
That’s interesting - at the last service there were no fault codes apparently logged?
Meantime, in the intervening months and at random times/distances, the orange triangle and messages display.

I think I will try a battery reset, and CCM reset for starters, then look again at fault codes if any have logged again.
Car drives perfectly otherwise, though.
SVR Coupe in Ammonite.
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

If you were having the same problem around the time the last service was done, I’m surprised that no fault codes were stored? Perhaps it's because the fault isn't occurring often enough?

I doubt that a reset of the ‘battery’ or ‘body processor module’ (Jaguar’s terminology) will fix the issue but it’s worth a try! It’s also worth checking the front and rear suspension height sensors wiring connectors and linkage arms to ensure nothing has worked loose etc. Also the wiring connectors for adaptive suspension which are located on top of the suspension struts (under the bonnet).

When my car’s information panel was displaying those warning messages i.e. ‘Adaptive Dynamics Fault’ with yellow/amber warning triangle and ‘Special Modes Unavailable’ when trying to select Dynamic Mode, it also drove ok (apart from the fact I couldn’t select Dynamic Mode!). However, those messages should not be ignored.

Good luck in sorting the issue out.
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid
Moss

Post by Moss »

So, a few days out of the country and I’m back….
First job - I’ve disconnected/reconnected the battery negative. I’ll see what the result is over the next few days.

At least I know the Tracker/In Control is in good order; Jaguar informed me someone was “tampering” with my car and to check its location 🙃
SVR Coupe in Ammonite.
scm

Post by scm »

Moss wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:10 pm At least I know the Tracker/In Control is in good order; Jaguar informed me someone was “tampering” with my car and to check its location 🙃
That's what "Service Mode" in the Remote app is for!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post