Old and new

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
coughtim

Post by coughtim »

Hi,
I want to fit the 2015-16 V8 R wider side extensions/skirts under the doors to my 2013 V8 S convertible, has any body done this, or know if it's possible. The dealer doesn't know, the parts man doesn't know.... Help !
One of the reasons for this, is that it protects the paintwork on the wheel arch better than the narrow skirt and looks fab.
Thanks,
Coughtim

ty27rv

Post by ty27rv »

This would be interesting as I am also curious if they would fit?
what's the use?
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Any sideskirt extension should fit any model. It's just a case of removing the existing skirt and replacing with the new
I recently fitted 400 MY18 series onto my V6S MY14 and they are a straight fit, even having a locating peg and hole in sills and skirt to match

I'd guess and stand to be corrected the locating bolts are in the same position on all sill extensions, else Jaguar is just making it hard for themselves
It's more difficult if you don't have any skirt extensions to start with (like me) as you have to template the bolt holes from the skirt to the sill and that's a real PITA to align around 18 per side..
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
dezzy

Post by dezzy »

Do your existing sills have skirts? If not then I don't think you'll have the holes in the sills for any of the side skirts. That's why the dealer had to give me 400 Sport skirts for free as per my other thread... They mistakenly ordered sills with the holes in them for the skirts.

But if you've already got skirts and just want to swap them for different ones then I think you're fine as per above post.
V6 coupe, Ultimate Black, 19" propellor wheels, suede cloth performance seats, interior black pack, suede cloth headlining, flat bottom steering wheel, heated seats, power tailgate
ty27rv

Post by ty27rv »

So If I am understanding correctly, I would need to buy a whole side panel (Like attached picture) with the skirts as the skirt extension would not fit since I do not already have skirts on my sills.

what's the use?
dezzy

Post by dezzy »

That's my understanding with what just happened with my car. It's the reason they ended up giving me the skirts for free because they ordered the wrong side sill covers.

But I'd double check with Jaguar themselves just in case
V6 coupe, Ultimate Black, 19" propellor wheels, suede cloth performance seats, interior black pack, suede cloth headlining, flat bottom steering wheel, heated seats, power tailgate
Tel

Post by Tel »

cj10jeeper wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:59 am Any sideskirt extension should fit any model. It's just a case of removing the existing skirt and replacing with the new
I recently fitted 400 MY18 series onto my V6S MY14 and they are a straight fit, even having a locating peg and hole in sills and skirt to match

I'd guess and stand to be corrected the locating bolts are in the same position on all sill extensions, else Jaguar is just making it hard for themselves
It's more difficult if you don't have any skirt extensions to start with (like me) as you have to template the bolt holes from the skirt to the sill and that's a real PITA to align around 18 per side..
Did you manage to remove the Ally tread plates without buggering them up?
From my findings they have to be removed to get to a few hidden fasteners...PITA
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Don’t recall removing them. If I did then certainly didn’t damage them
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
ty27rv

Post by ty27rv »

So a pair of new Side skirts from 5.0l V8 Compressor side panels which have extended side panels already on them, would fit on me 3.0 V6?

Like the ones below in the pic:

s-l1600.jpg

what's the use?
ty27rv

Post by ty27rv »

Kindly bumping this if anyone knows
what's the use?