Jacking points

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
captainham

Post by captainham »

Gonna post this info here in case anybody comes looking in the future and searches for it. Excuse the state of my car, mine is getting used a fair bit at the moment!

The jacking points are marked with an indented arrow on the underside of the sill, but for me, these weren't quite informative enough, so I've verified the info with wiser folk than me on the jaguarforums.com site.

Both pics are taken from the driver's side (of a RHD car), and applies to both V6 and V8 models (although the V8 might look slightly different, on the front area at least, as the earlier models seem to have more exposed bits rather than so much body-coloured material.

Front jacking points

Black box: this is the "lip" to aim for if using a portable jack.
Blue box: aim for this area if using a trolley jack (but be sure to use something on the jackhead to spread the load, block of rubber/wood/etc.
Green circle: this is what they use in the factory apparently, when the body is coming down the production line (some kind of prong-thingy inserts into that hole).

At the very top of the pic, in line with the black box, you'll see the indented arrow on the edge of the sill that the book refers to.

Rear jacking points

Yellow arrow: this is the "lip" to aim for if using a portable jack.
Red box: aim for this area if using a trolley jack (you want the area in between the 3 exposed bolts, on the black support plate. As with the front, use a flat piece of rubber/wood/etc to spread the load evenly across the jackhead.

At the very top of the pic, in line with the middle of the lip, you'll see the indented arrow on the edge of the sill that the book refers to.

Official pic from Jag

captainham2016-02-06 14:54:17
F-Type V6S IRR Coupe MY2016 AT

The Jagster

Post by The Jagster »

Great reference. Thanks Mike Thumbs Up
2014 V6s convertible Rhodium Silver with Propeller alloys & black interior.
Joemax

Post by Joemax »

Thanks for the useful jacking info MikeThumbs Up
She's Bad, she's Beautiful and she's British V6S 2013
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Thought I'd add to this thread the P300 2018 Jacking point pics, as it's a little different, there is a solid bar which would sit in a jack cup at the front and the same plate with turned edge to form the bar at the rear. Same location triangles.

RearJackingPoint.JPG

FrontJackingPoint.JPG

MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
stevejag

Post by stevejag »

They don't make it easy do they , the jacking points on other cars a much more substancial and easy to find , will make sure these jacking points are clearer to see and that I have something to place under there like a rubber block before putting pressure on them .
Caldera red awd v8 fixed spoiler :mrgreen:
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

You can purchase differing diameter ‘hockey pucks’, off eBay, that sit nicely in your trolley jack cup.
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
stevejag

Post by stevejag »

I have some so ready for this !
Caldera red awd v8 fixed spoiler :mrgreen:
leedsjag

Post by leedsjag »

Hi - so just wanting to get under my 2014 V8R for the first time. I've got the car jacked up on one side at the front (inboard of the arrow as per this thread), but wondering where axle stands can go. The diagram above seems to suggest that there's a rail a fair way inboard - can anyone confirm whether that corresponds to what I've boxed in red below? I think it probably is, but when I tap it with my finger or a screwdriver it doesn't give that reassuring "I'm properly solid" thud. I suspect it's because it's an aluminium rather than steel chassis (magnet doesn't stick!) but just want to confirm others have used this area and it's correct before lowering the thing :) If it is the right place, do you put the stand on the bit near the front that's kinda got sandwiched sheets, or further back where it's smooth?

Ta

jack.png

2014 RWD R Coupe in Polaris White
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

leedsjag wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:01 pm Hi - so just wanting to get under my 2014 V8R for the first time. I've got the car jacked up on one side at the front (inboard of the arrow as per this thread), but wondering where axle stands can go. The diagram above seems to suggest that there's a rail a fair way inboard - can anyone confirm whether that corresponds to what I've boxed in red below? I think it probably is, but when I tap it with my finger or a screwdriver it doesn't give that reassuring "I'm properly solid" thud. I suspect it's because it's an aluminium rather than steel chassis (magnet doesn't stick!) but just want to confirm others have used this area and it's correct before lowering the thing :) If it is the right place, do you put the stand on the bit near the front that's kinda got sandwiched sheets, or further back where it's smooth?
Your car jack is positioned correctly there. The axle stands should be positioned towards the front end of the red box you have provided (on the more sturdy section of the underbody).

I use solid steel plates (and sometimes an extra layer of hard rubber) with my axle stands so they don’t cut in and leave any marks. See attached pic from when I support the rear end of the car (jack is also supporting it but not shown).

I recently posted the TOPIx file ‘F-Type (X152) Jacking and Lifting’ here....viewtopic.php?p=67913#p67913

1.JPG

2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
leedsjag

Post by leedsjag »

Perfect, thanks.