Lying Salesman..A cancer among us, unfortunately. UK.

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
jono_h

Re: Lying Salesman..A cancer among us, unfortunately. UK.

Post by jono_h » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:42 am

I have some sympathy MM,

I picked my car up 2 weeks ago to find it had a fault - the passenger window wouldn't drop when opening the door. Should have been picked up under 'Window Operation' under the 165 point check; which I was fairly sure they'd done, because they'd put the car on the ramp to take pictures of the diff as requested.
A round trip of 3 hours to drop off, and another this week to pick up is annoying to say the least - I hope they stick some petrol in it for me.

As for the tyres - do you really want a free Pirelli, which everyone slates as being rubbish, or some decent Michelins?

Jon.

GusA

Post by GusA » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:42 am

I know it’s not very helpful but the legal minimum is 1.6mm, the 3mm minimum is part of the Jaguar approved scheme.

As others have said I would just get Michelin’s fitted to both wheels on the axle and then invoice them for 50% of the cost due to one of them being below ‘their’ limit.

Good luck and I hope you get to relax and enjoy the car. A bit bizarre how jaguar customer relations post on here that they will help you out and then seem to ignore you though.
Ultra Blue P380 R Dynamic Convertible Ordered.....
Collection in March! At last 😀😀

MM1963

Post by MM1963 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:41 pm

Hi to the two posts above...
I Think (Don't quote me yet) it agreed to 1 X Michelin..Hence the quote ''I can have another one at a discounted price'' Which is actually £100/$140 more than I can buy it at Costco or from BlackCircles online..Geewhiz Sir What a Deal!!

As I've only had The Beast for two weeks and worn out Pirelli Tyres on it.
I was, after reading nothing but glowing reports about the Mich's, going to have a set next.

Finally heard back from pete@jag. I shall sit down later and pen a letter back.
MY18 F-Type aka 'The Beast' V6 Caldera Red, Oyster Interior, Bits and Bobs, Wrapped Black Roof and now 14'' short number plates.

Return to “Jaguar Customer Relations”