F Type Troubles

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Open a case directly with Jaguar Customer Relations by emailing them (not via this forum).

My car is 4.5 years old with extended warranty and I've just had a warranty claim refused.

I have lower near side suspension control arm bush worn which requires a whole new control arm. The offside is deteriorating as well but is OK at present. And then a 4-wheel alignment. The best part of £2k.

Because suspension is not covered by warranty and the MOT cover only covers failures not advisory items I opened a case which was ruled 100% in my favour and I'm booked in next week to have it all sorted out for free.

You need to be clear in your email to Jaguar what you think a valid outcome is and once you get a case reference inform your dealer so they can assist you as well.

Good luck.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)

RPSN

Post by RPSN »

@Mightyhunter: As far as I know, Jaguar UK occasionally monitor this forum and member Pete@Jaguar is the contact. Perhaps they'll pick up on your topic?

If you haven't already done so, the information provided in your original post should be sent to the Jaguar Customer Experience Centre who can be contacted by email at jagcrc@jaguarlandrover.com or by telephone on 0345 303 2303 (Mon-Fri 09:00 – 15:30).

If all else fails, the car dealership where you purchased your vehicle (H.R.OWEN) subscribes to 'The Motor Ombudsman Limited' which offers a CTSI-certified Alternative Dispute Resolution. Their details are available here https://www.hrowen.co.uk/legal/#crp and here https://www.themotorombudsman.org/consu ... -complaint

Have a look at this......’How do I know whether The Motor Ombudsman can deal with my dispute?’ https://www.themotorombudsman.org/knowl ... my-dispute

Hope you get the issues resolved to your satisfaction.
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
FrankyBT

Post by FrankyBT »

Forgot to mention that my F-Type is MY16 and out of warranty. I got a 6 month warranty when I bought the car in June but I very much doubt it covers scratched windows. Does anyone think I have half a chance with Jaguar direct?
MY16 V6 Supercharged Coupe
Ivory leather interior electrical adjustable seats
Panoramic Roof
19in Black spiderweb wheels.
Love it!! :D
Pacemaker1000

Post by Pacemaker1000 »

Don’t get how a fix was implemented in 2016 for the window seals yet still happening on new facelift cars?
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

FrankyBT wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:58 pm Forgot to mention that my F-Type is MY16 and out of warranty. I got a 6 month warranty when I bought the car in June but I very much doubt it covers scratched windows. Does anyone think I have half a chance with Jaguar direct?
Warranty is just a manufacturers choice, as I said earlier there are definitely laws in Australia that protect against such faults outside warranty, and no doubt in the UK too. It is why as well when there are enough known issues they recall in warranty or not, they have to. I would do as others suggest and contact Jaguar Customer Service and don’t even talk about warranty. If you don’t get help there then look up consumer rights.
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

FrankyBT wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:13 pm I too have scratch marks on my windows. Bought the car second hand 8 weeks ago. How do you polish the scratches out? What materials are needed?

Not worth trying to get a warranty claim as other forum posts indicate it’s a waste of time and effort. ;)
FrankyBT wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:58 pm Forgot to mention that my F-Type is MY16 and out of warranty. I got a 6 month warranty when I bought the car in June but I very much doubt it covers scratched windows. Does anyone think I have half a chance with Jaguar direct?

If you can feel the window scratches by running your fingernail over them, you’ve got no chance of polishing them out. Otherwise try something such as T-Cut Original which may help a little.

I had the driver’s side door window glass and seal replaced last year (I paid 40% towards this) and I’ve attached the Technical Bulletin that was cited by my Jag main dealer at the time. Some very light scratches have reappeared even though I remove any debris on a regular basis.......doesn’t say much for the new front door window lower finisher seal!

The passenger side door window glass is the original and has a few light scratches which aren’t very noticeable......probably because it doesn’t get used as much.

If your 6 month warranty (which expires in approx December 2021) doesn’t cover the window scratches it could be worth contacting Jaguar via the info I provided earlier.

Nothing ventured nothing gained as they say!
JTB00502NAS3 - Vertical scratches on door windows.pdf
(234.63 KiB) Downloaded 169 times
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
stevejag

Post by stevejag »

Very interesting if rather worrying for someone about to start f type ownership , although no doubt other manufacturers and warranty ins, co's are similar . I am contemplating buying an extended warranty on top of the years warranty offered by Jaguar and am wondering wether they will cover anything without a struggle , I have the list of what is supposed to be covered and the long list of whats not .
Last edited by stevejag on Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caldera red awd v8 fixed spoiler :mrgreen:
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

It is possible to polish scratches out using jewellers rouge and a drill, but deep marks won't be optically correct and you can end up with a lens effect.

Alot seems to depend on how your dealer deals with problems. I've not much direct experience as my V6 had zero problems un nearly 6 years, other than the window scratches which were sorted before it was 3 years old.

My neighbour has a 2009 XF 3.0 S which now has 160k on the clock and still running great. He had the ECU replaced, well out of warranty under goodwill by Jaguar, as well as contribution to fixes for the active suspension. It appears that the warranty may not be the only resolution available.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Deleted User 3973

Post by Deleted User 3973 »

Mightyhunter wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:33 pm There is also a problem with the headlight on the drivers side. Within the sealed unit there is a build up of plastic or glass ‘rubbings’ - this is clearly a manufacturing or build issue as it has occurred within the casing - see attached pic. I’ve been told this will be c£1.6k plus fitting to fix. Again, the warranty will not cover this.
I have the same problem on passenger side (LH model here in Italy) so I assume it's some sort of product problem.
I'm sorry for you, I can fully understand your concerns here...when I found the white signs on the internal headlamp I thought it was some sort of "repaint" issues. BUt know, thanks to your post, I can trust it's "just" a production issue :(

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post