Jaguar RERUN app.

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Hello,

I bought my F-Type new this year, build in march with the latest 'in control touch pro' infotainment system.

One of the features that I wanted to use was 'ReRun' , making roadmovies with the dials of the car visible in the film recording.

This is the page in dutch, as in different markets the availability can be different. On the top you can switch to English, but I don't know if
it still applies to the Dutch market conditions : https://www.jaguar.nl/incontrol/incontr ... -apps.html

The text posted with the ReRun app reads [ please also compare the image I attach ] ;
JAGUAR RERUN Race. Registreer. Beleef opnieuw uw opwindende circuitervaringen. Met Jaguar ReRun kunt u schitterende rijbeelden opnemen met een GoPro HERO4 of nieuwer. Koppel gewoon met uw smartphone en gebruik de ReRun-app** om hoogwaardige beelden op te nemen in 1080p of 4K Ultra HD.

Please note is says 'smartphone' NOT 'Iphone '. The refernce ** refers to a text at the bottom of the page , taht reads :
** GOPRO, HERO, het GOPRO-logo en het ‘GoPro Be a Hero’-logo zijn handelsmerken of geregistreerde handelsmerken van GoPro, Inc. ReRun is compatible met Jaguars vanaf 2017 die zijn uitgerust met het Touch Pro-infotainmentsysteem en InControl Apps. Voor meer informatie over beschikbaarheid kunt u contact opnemen met een Jaguar dealer.

Now you think "what is the problem"...

Exactly what I thought when I could not find the ReRun app in the androidstore ANYMORE, as I installed it in january, but had to remove it since my smartphone went ape.

I thought : I can always install it later... ... MISTAKE !

So I ordered the car, took delivery of it, and a few weeks later I ordered a GoPro... ..which I luckily could return free off charge later !!!

As it turned out, I do have a SMARTPHONE and I do have a car after 2017 [2018, MY2019], with Touch Pro-infotainmentsysteem and InControl Apps ... .. so I can not go wrong can I ???? Well it did go wrong !!!

As it turns out the app was to be developed by GoPRo and they had a bit of an issue with their sales collapsing [ possibly as a result that they never finished the final version of the android ReRun app and removed the beta-version which I had in the beginning.. :mrgreen: ].

Anyway, now Jaguar-Netherlands says 'tough luck' , its ONLY available for Iphone AS IT SAYS ON THE WEBSITE...

First I bought that, until by chance I ended up on the ReRun pages again and read it was for a [any !] SMARTPHONE !!!

So after discovering that my car [market dependant] did not come with WiFi [although it says it has on the global 'in control touch' page...
And it also did not come with a webbrowser... But I did have to buy a SECOND SIM with a subscription to be able to use my navigation..

So I had to take a data-sim subscrition to 'consume' around 500Kb per month and throw away 950Kb as I don't need them, while I could have linked the satnav data to my smartphone by WiFi and use my subscribtion for that... .. what a sad decision that was Mr. Manager...

So I would like to know, if the above is true and not another 'communication error' between JLR and the importer in the Netherlands,
how would JLR think to solve this problem for me, as I do like to film my metering together with the roadmovie in one screen...
Or how I can -preferably- get the android ReRun app for my smartphone as advertised... ..PLEASE..

I combined the top part of the webpage with the **text at the bottom and the URL as a seperator as the whole page in one image would not
be readable.

smartphone.jpg

Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|

Pete@Jaguar

Post by Pete@Jaguar »

Dan_Veluwe wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:40 pm Hello,

I bought my F-Type new this year, build in march with the latest 'in control touch pro' infotainment system.

One of the features that I wanted to use was 'ReRun' , making roadmovies with the dials of the car visible in the film recording.

This is the page in dutch, as in different markets the availability can be different. On the top you can switch to English, but I don't know if
it still applies to the Dutch market conditions : https://www.jaguar.nl/incontrol/incontr ... -apps.html

The text posted with the ReRun app reads [ please also compare the image I attach ] ;
JAGUAR RERUN Race. Registreer. Beleef opnieuw uw opwindende circuitervaringen. Met Jaguar ReRun kunt u schitterende rijbeelden opnemen met een GoPro HERO4 of nieuwer. Koppel gewoon met uw smartphone en gebruik de ReRun-app** om hoogwaardige beelden op te nemen in 1080p of 4K Ultra HD.

Please note is says 'smartphone' NOT 'Iphone '. The refernce ** refers to a text at the bottom of the page , taht reads :
** GOPRO, HERO, het GOPRO-logo en het ‘GoPro Be a Hero’-logo zijn handelsmerken of geregistreerde handelsmerken van GoPro, Inc. ReRun is compatible met Jaguars vanaf 2017 die zijn uitgerust met het Touch Pro-infotainmentsysteem en InControl Apps. Voor meer informatie over beschikbaarheid kunt u contact opnemen met een Jaguar dealer.

Now you think "what is the problem"...

Exactly what I thought when I could not find the ReRun app in the androidstore ANYMORE, as I installed it in january, but had to remove it since my smartphone went ape.

I thought : I can always install it later... ... MISTAKE !

So I ordered the car, took delivery of it, and a few weeks later I ordered a GoPro... ..which I luckily could return free off charge later !!!

As it turned out, I do have a SMARTPHONE and I do have a car after 2017 [2018, MY2019], with Touch Pro-infotainmentsysteem and InControl Apps ... .. so I can not go wrong can I ???? Well it did go wrong !!!

As it turns out the app was to be developed by GoPRo and they had a bit of an issue with their sales collapsing [ possibly as a result that they never finished the final version of the android ReRun app and removed the beta-version which I had in the beginning.. :mrgreen: ].

Anyway, now Jaguar-Netherlands says 'tough luck' , its ONLY available for Iphone AS IT SAYS ON THE WEBSITE...

First I bought that, until by chance I ended up on the ReRun pages again and read it was for a [any !] SMARTPHONE !!!

So after discovering that my car [market dependant] did not come with WiFi [although it says it has on the global 'in control touch' page...
And it also did not come with a webbrowser... But I did have to buy a SECOND SIM with a subscription to be able to use my navigation..

So I had to take a data-sim subscrition to 'consume' around 500Kb per month and throw away 950Kb as I don't need them, while I could have linked the satnav data to my smartphone by WiFi and use my subscribtion for that... .. what a sad decision that was Mr. Manager...

So I would like to know, if the above is true and not another 'communication error' between JLR and the importer in the Netherlands,
how would JLR think to solve this problem for me, as I do like to film my metering together with the roadmovie in one screen...
Or how I can -preferably- get the android ReRun app for my smartphone as advertised... ..PLEASE..

I combined the top part of the webpage with the **text at the bottom and the URL as a seperator as the whole page in one image would not
be readable.

smartphone.jpg
Hi Dan_Veluwe,

Thank you for your enquiry.

I am sorry to learn of your concerns.

Due to your location, I would advised that your enquiry would be based placed with the Customer Relationship Centre within the intended market.

I can confirm that the email address you require is info@contactjaguar.nl

I apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause.

Thanks,

Becci
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Hi Becci,

Thanks, I send the URL of this post to the email adress you provided.
Do you know if this is an issue on the UK market ?

Meaning : is the android app globally not available in google play ?

If its global it means more buyers will experience the problem sooner or later.
It is better they know BEFORE the buy a GoPro...

Maybe change 'smartphone' into 'Iphone' on the Rerun pages ?

Greetings,

Dan
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Dan_Veluwe wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:24 pm Hi Becci,

Thanks, I send the URL of this post to the email adress you provided.
Do you know if this is an issue on the UK market ?

Meaning : is the android app globally not available in google play ?

If its global it means more buyers will experience the problem sooner or later.
It is better they know BEFORE the buy a GoPro...

Maybe change 'smartphone' into 'Iphone' on the Rerun pages ?

Greetings,

Dan

Hi Dan, out of interest I've had a look as I am in UK.

There is no Jaguar ReRun App on Google Play store in Uk.

On my iPhone and iPad there is no Jaguar ReRun app in the App Store either! If you google it there is a link to install the app but it links to the Belarus app store and then fails to install it.

So either it did exist and has been removed in which case all of Jaguars websites, media, press and youtube are now wrong or it never existed.

Scott
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Hi Scott,

Thanks ! But this means they can't even solve it anymore by giving me an Iphone.. :mrgreen:

Cheers!
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Hello

I know this is not a ideal situation for you .. but you could change to a Iphone ?

in the UK both I and my wife have the older I Phone 6 which they give away free with a basic contract and works really well. Also its like the new tom tom app which is available for android phones but currently not the apple i phone

cant think what else you could do really ?

best regards
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

@Kaspa.

Thanks for trying to help solving the problem, but as you can read in the posts abover, Scott tried to find the app for the Iphone ,
but it seems to be gone too.. .. so even if JLR gave me an Iphone to resolve this, it wouldn't solve this problem..

..it would solve the 'microsoft' style 'updates' that google now 'force-feeds' on android users and Samsung totally ignoring customers...

So I was already thinking the unthinkable, because for over 30 years I've been fiercely against Apple..

PS. I asked this before : your cat looks scary, or is it a sweet cat that you caught on a sleepy moment.. :lol:

My cat is not as macho as he looks..

20150116_113712.jpg

Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Hello Dan

Thanks for the post .. yes that's our Lilac point Siamese, we have 2 (brother and sister) He is a big cat and loved dearly

but he is really a soft lad, really he gets pulled about lots of cuddles from the wife, he has not a harmless bone in his body .. he is 7 years old now but as said for some reason he is a big cat. He has a sister Meesha who obviously is smaller being a female.

also you pic is very cute as well .. also we have just put up a bird feeder (Wife idea) now we have thousands of starlings to feed / couple of red robins / pigeons / black birds .. perhaps we need a bird table thread :lol:

all the best .. must get my self a set of chrome bonnet vents very soon, Christmas is looming :D

take care ..

regards
scm

Post by scm »

kaspa wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:05 pm .. must get myself a set of chrome bonnet vents very soon, Christmas is looming :D
Carbon is cooler! ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

scm wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:50 pm
kaspa wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:05 pm .. must get myself a set of chrome bonnet vents very soon, Christmas is looming :D
Carbon is cooler! ;)

I have chrome too .. :mrgreen:

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post