Apple Car Play

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
NCE 61

Post by NCE 61 »

On the UK configurator for the E Pace it is now shown as a £50 option, not shown on the F Type though.
2018.5 F-Type Convertible 2.0 Litre BRG

V8FTW

Post by V8FTW »

I have it on my 19MY XF

Came on a over the air update via my SIM connected ICTP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
F-TYPE R, Carbon Ceramics + Forged Wheels, ALL the Carbon Fibre - Mirrors, Side Power Vents, Bonnet Vents, Front Splitter & Interior Console
V8FTY

Post by V8FTY »

I visited the dealer 2 weeks ago to have the upgrade carried out on my SVR only to be told 2 hours later that the software was not suitable even though it is a 2019 MY car - currently only available to upgrade on XJ!

Strangely, since the visit, the issues I am having with Bluetooth connection for my phone and music plus APPS and ICTP are just about unbearable - just dropped it off this morning to hoefully have it fixed.
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

V8FTY wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:58 pm I visited the dealer 2 weeks ago to have the upgrade carried out on my SVR only to be told 2 hours later that the software was not suitable even though it is a 2019 MY car - currently only available to upgrade on XJ!

Strangely, since the visit, the issues I am having with Bluetooth connection for my phone and music plus APPS and ICTP are just about unbearable - just dropped it off this morning to hoefully have it fixed.
Dealer is talking nonsense.
People on both the XE and F-Pace forums have had it installed if they have the latest "18C" ICTPro software so I don't know why they are saying only for the XJ ?
Sounds like they tried it and messed it up and made things worse.
The other problem at the moment is some people are being asked £200 for the "Smartphone Pack" which enables it and others have had it done for free.
Usual "don't know arse from elbow" JLR Job.
V8FTY

Post by V8FTY »

Just got my car back from the dealer - update completed and I now have CarPlay and Android auto.

The screen layout is new, much cleaner, and so far - CarPlay has worked faultlessly. The clicking / interference has stopped and the sound quality is much better so I can only assume the issues I previously had also affected sound reproduction.

Hopefully all is now fixed for good!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post