Apple Car Play - What is the latest ?

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
Harri66

Post by Harri66 »

I have an FType (17 plate) and an XJ (67 Plate) and there is still very little clear information available on JLR website or from the dealers
When they went to update my XJ the car ended up needing a new header unit and then it failed - so no Car Play yet the information I was given is that the update ONLY applies to the 10in systems
What is the official line it would be good to know I really want to have the update been waiting too many years
Thanks
Guy.

PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Recent thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2932

I haven't heard of it being installed on anything other than the "Pro" system with the 10" screen and that isn't always a given on older vehicles either.
Harri66

Post by Harri66 »

I saw that thread but that was before the release. I have the PRO but not 10in .... same on both cars
The Jaguar in control website has NOT been updated since 2017
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Harri66 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:28 am I saw that thread but that was before the release. I have the PRO but not 10in .... same on both cars
The Jaguar in control website has NOT been updated since 2017
Before what release?
Sorry but I don't follow.
Apple car play started being talked about towards the end of last summer and so far only owners with the Pro system have managed to get the update and "Pro" on the XE. XF. F-Pace and F-type normally means the 10" screen.
The 8" screen on those models means "standard" Incontrol and nobody has had it installed on those systems and it has been mentioned on other forums there's little likelihood it will be.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I looked on Topix the other week about Apple car play and Android auto.

Forgetting about screen size and model etc, as you need a compatible screen and service.
MY18 won't be getting CarPlay
MY19 should already have it, but if not you will as part of campaign H167 which is part of enabling/fixing WiFi hotspot.

MY18.5..... couldn't find anything.

NOTE: This is MY and not reg plate or year related. If you dont know your MY then check with Jaguar or if you have your reg plate I can look them up for you.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

simpleR wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:06 am Forgetting about screen size and model etc, as you need a compatible screen and service.
Unfortunately the compatible screen for the Pro is the 10" so size does matter!
:lol:
In simple and basic terms the 8" screen has external buttons on the sides to navigate to menus.
On the Pro system those buttons are on the screen.
Some recent MY19 vehicles have come from the factory without CarPlay or Android Auto enabled which they should be and the dealers are having to play catchup installing the "smartphone" software pack to enable them.
Latest Pro software is now 18D.
Harri66

Post by Harri66 »

This is what I am looking for from Jaguar....
1 - a formal statement on capability - not hard to do a VIN look up tool they have it for phones,,,
2 - Update the website on what is available not updated since 2017 - it still says soon but not what or when
3 - I have the PRO hence the confusion but NOT the 10 inch on both my jaguars

I did hear that they may NOT make the 8 inch compatible. There are plenty of systems out there that are smaller that work with CarPlay etc
I think it would be a bad move not to do it but that is JLRs choice -
At the moment I am becoming more frustrated by the lack of information and knowledge both for the CS teams and the dealers it is shocking and sad - so the stories of low sales is not that surprising as they are not keeping up with the customers needs demands and desires like they used to...
NBC fdff

Post by NBC fdff »

Hi
Mine is MY18 and was booked in for the install. Dealer said should be do-able, booked in 5-6 weeks in advance, they arranged courtesy car but after a day said wasnt compatible at present unless it was the 10" screen on the F Type ie no physical buttons!
Hope that helps some.
2018 2.0 R Dynamic in Carpathian Grey
Exterior black pack, Pano roof, 20" Gyrodynes and other bits and bobs ....
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

As per previous post.
According to Topix I read last week.

MY18 cars won't get Apple Car Play or Android Auto. (These cars without the 10" Pro buttonless unit also shouldn't have a WiFi hotspot).

Anything later than this, so MY19 with Pro should either already have it or have an outstanding campaign which I'm sure was H167 for updating unit to fix issues with WiFi which should also include the software update.

MY18.5 could not find any info at all on MY18.5 so would need a VIN to look one up on Topix.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
NCE 61

Post by NCE 61 »

I have checked on Topix my 18.5 MY (small screen with buttons) and the only campaign outstanding shown on the main page is 102A, however in the vehicle specific notifications it does show a H176 In Control Pro update. I will see if this is available when I take it for a service next month.
2018.5 F-Type Convertible 2.0 Litre BRG

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post