Polite request - are taxi fares covered?

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
sebby1990

Post by sebby1990 »

Hi Jaguar folks,

I have a V8 F-Type that's spent a bit of time in the workshop. I'm not one to get all mardy, but just a quick question. My Jag was recovered by my selling dealer, but the contractor that came to pick it up took me and the car to the dealer after it had shut. I ended up getting a taxi home, and then a taxi back to pick up my (V6 F-Type) courtesy car.

Now I'm very happy that Jaguar sorted me a demo F-Type, so I don't want to make a big deal about it. Should I ask for the taxi fares back? Or could I just say, well, the car had just under half a tank in it, so can I give it back just above reserve? Or should I just be happy I got an F-Type rather than an XE?

Like I said, this post is made with no malice or intent. Much rather, I'd like to understand what Jaguar expects from its customers so we can reach a mutual understanding. I am completely on board with a very noisy V8 being a bit temperamental!
Jaguar F-Type V8S, Mercedes-Benz ML63, Subaru Impreza WRX, Mini Cooper

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

How much are we taking about?
£5? £100?

Was there time to arrange alternative transport?
A lift, bus, etc.

Presuming you have a receipt.....

If you were recovered by Jaguar Assist then yes make a claim against your breakdown cover.

If you were recovered by an arrangement with the dealer then what was agreed prior to you dropping it off and why didn't they recover it the day after when they were open?
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

On another note - be happy you got an Ftype courtesy car, I know a lot of dealers either wouldn’t be able to offer a car at all (on short notice) or you would be getting a low spec XE

As for giving the courtesy car back with fuel - I think as long as the petrol lights not on it’s fine whatever the level is

Hope it’s not a major issue with yours and you get it back quickly
How do you find the V6?
sebby1990

Post by sebby1990 »

Thanks for the reply guys. The taxi was about £30, so not exactly breaking the bank but enough to be a minor annoyance.

Unfortunately I was given the round-the-houses by Jaguar Assist (the woman on the other end didn't believe they offered recovery for "old" Jaguars. Oi! Approved "halo" model Jaguar under full warranty!) Long and short by the time I had spoken to a more experienced rep, the collection Jaguar booked took the car back (with me) after hours.

To be honest I gave the car back with about a gallon less than it had in it, Jaguar were happy to accept it back as-is, and for the sake of a couple of quid I don't think it's worth souring the relationship. I appreciate the dealer gave me a demo F-Type to run around in so, in the grand scheme of things, live and let live.

I did find it amusing that when I was previously given an older XF, they had my car for over a fortnight. When I had their shiny new F-Type, it took them 4 days. It's just business though.
Jaguar F-Type V8S, Mercedes-Benz ML63, Subaru Impreza WRX, Mini Cooper

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post