Lying Salesman..A cancer among us, unfortunately. UK.

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Not common issue but not unheard of.
Personally I don’t think verbal agreements are worth the paper they are written on. I insist on such as an agreed service to be documented. Saves issues later.
Why I say not uncommon is my first XF turned out with me to be the the 5th owner not 2nd on a 12 month old car. No surprise the salesman had lied, no docs to hand and the car was quickly returned when I got the V5. Purchase elsewhere was perfect..
F type similar

Push with your full refund request and see where it ends and good luck.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more

MM1963

Post by MM1963 »

Again I have to say thanks to all of you, I know it's what I want to hear, but feeling useless, intimidated and alone is making me very stressed about the whole affair.
MY18 F-Type aka 'The Beast' V6 Caldera Red, Oyster Interior, Bits and Bobs, Wrapped Black Roof and now 14'' short number plates.
alpinaman

Post by alpinaman »

I have a friend who is in a similar situation,albeit with BMW

He bought a 67 plate 340i under their approved used car scheme.

After he got it home he found that it had missed a service totally,and was over the mileage for a service if any warranty issues were needed in the future.

The salesman and sales manager just consistantly lied to him..

1...Its been serviced correctly but we have no documentation
2...No it hasn't been serviced by the previous owner
3...Its 6000 miles out of maximum service interval,but it will be ok because thats our tolerance for warranty issues.
4....Err yes we cant sell a BMW with AUC warranty if it doesnt have full service history,but i assure you with this one it will be ok.
5...Yes... If it needed a service it should have had one,but we missed it... BMW will understand that and warrant any issues in the future

Everyone a flat out lie over the last 2 weeks,i have told them that he needs everything in writing.. They dont seem to want to know about doing that at all.

BMW Doncaster by the way. Complete set of Bumholes
MM1963

Post by MM1963 »

I'd love to back mine to them, but after speaking to another 'so called' friendly salesperson at Beadles in Sidcup on Friday, he told me I can't back if there is nothing wrong with it.
I have a local Baker and he at the same time as me buying my old XF, bought an F-Pace (White with all the bling he could handle) and also had issues with Jaguar aftercare and has switched to German this month.
Well done to those dealers out there. oh but the coffee and tea is free.
A pattern is forming here..
Shame as I see very happy proud Jaguar drivers, who see Jaguar cars as things of beauty and proudly British (well their built here) and we are also adding to keep the British factories open, flying the flag and all that, all to be taken away from some money minded sociopath poser.
MY18 F-Type aka 'The Beast' V6 Caldera Red, Oyster Interior, Bits and Bobs, Wrapped Black Roof and now 14'' short number plates.
chicb

Post by chicb »

Rejecting a car. Hope this helps
https://www.thecarexpert.co.uk/rejecting-a-car
F type convertible, (gone)
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S
MM1963

Post by MM1963 »

chicb wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:08 pm Rejecting a car. Hope this helps
https://www.thecarexpert.co.uk/rejecting-a-car
Flipping Hell it does, thanks for that.
I shall now pay the Barrister I have available, that £550 just to say 'Hell'....the 'O' is another £550..Hence why I haven't yet.
Compensation also is an option, to be honest, I adore the car and I know for sure there is plenty of wiggle room in the price between what they paid for it and what I bought it for, even thou main dealers love using that other 'Fargo'* sales BS..'We price it to sell it'...Really!? I actually thought you priced it to rot on the forecourt and go bankrupt, that makes more sense to a thick twat like me..
Appreciate the reply chicb.
*Fargo 1996, TruCoat scene, probably the single greatest eye opener ever about sociopath car salespersons. I've experienced this scene every time I have tried to buy a car, imagine buying milk at Tesco with same sales ethics.
MM1963

Post by MM1963 »

Update: After my experience with the said firm, and the ambiguous emails etc, we came to a point where finger pointing had got to the stage where it was getting stupid.
So the Business Manager (oooh, the biggish guns) took over the emails and again they were and are ambiguous. So after another 4 nights of no sleep, heart pounding etc etc We decided that we should talk on the phone, the phone call was arranged for the next day, I decided to ask him if it would be okay for it to be recorded for both our references.
So I penned an email at 3am and said could you please send me a return email stating you are happy to have the conversation recorded (as you have to get permission)....The reply....
NOPE..So why is my question? If you've nothing to hide and you are totally honest, whats the problem? So he started again with ambiguous email and didn't actually say no, but started again with his company has 100% done the 165 MPC.
So I wrote back and said well then why was the tyre pressure low, coolant on minimum etc etc...Heard nothing back.
If the conservatives want a spin doctor, they should look to Jaguar after sales..flipping brilliant at misdirection.
They have agreed in part to service the car, albeit without mentioning what they are paying for and what they are implying I should pay for.
They have agreed that Beadles in Sidcup are to do the 165 MPC, even thou apparently it has already been done, he states that he has the paperwork to prove its been done, well then it must of! I have also requested the service record for about the 5th time, still awaiting that chestnut.
All I want is my promised service at no cost to me, the 165 MPC carried out and ANY findings paid for by them/Jaguar.
Oh after several days of days off work and running around to Beadles etc, he did agree to pay for a tank of Petrol and send him the invoice, which was generous, thanks for that, sincerely.
But it would be nice not to keep taking the piss out of my mentality by keep saying the MPC has been done, that is just annoying and ridiculous.
To rectify all necessary parts needed, if any when Beadles carry out the MPC and Service.
And a sincere apology for the bloody nightmare this has been, on the phone, and let me record it.
I absolutely hate the car now, maybe in the spring I might learn to love it again, but seriously one red R will be up for sale sooner than later. Totally gutted, as she was my dream car.
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

Sorry to hear the issues but like others have said if it’s that bad for you or has tainted your experience then just reject/return the car?

Personally I wouldn’t be happy about another dealership doing any work/checks on the car unless I had in writing that the original dealer was footing the costs

Service history can be found online using your VIN - id assume this is something you checked before purchasing the car anyway(?)
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

To clarify the OP issue.

The car was checked out before purchasing and it was identified that the 3rd service was due in a couple of months. The OP agreed verbally with the dealer that the 3rd service would be undertaken as part of the sale.

The car was delivered and noted that coolant was low, tyre pressures low etc which got the OP doubting whether the 165 point check had been completed and on checking the service was not carried out either.

I believe the OP wants the 165 point check redoing as no paperwork from the selling dealer is forthcoming and the 3rd service completed as verbally agreed and this is the sticking point.

Jaguar Customer Services have requested a PM with information from the OP already which I presume has been completed. The OP has two options.
1) Reject the car at no cost to themselves under the 30 day Jaguar guarantee.
2) Get the dealer to arrange another 165 point check and 3rd service at a dealer nearer to the OP at no cost to the OP.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
MM1963

Post by MM1963 »

I have in emails from Marshalls that they will foot the bill for a service BUT they have not agreed, as they are ambiguous about everything else, ie they just won't reply when any questions are asked outside of what they say is OK.
They assure me, as apparently they have the print out of the 165 MPC stating it had in fact been carried out prior to them receiving it from another branch of Marshall in Cambridge. Even thou the Sat Nav does not work, missing dust caps, minimal coolant level, no screen washer fluid and low pressure in tyres as per the original test drive, or was the bits I just mentioned 166, 167, 168 and 169 on the list?
They are as crafty as they come, and know I am not their normal privileged customer, instead treat me as some commoner mug off the street who probably wouldn't be able to buy another Jaguar anyway. That's if Jaguar are around this time next year.
Sadly I have not heard back from Dan our on forum Jaguar guy. I have forwarded nearly everything including my personal email etc to him, but nowt yet.
Well tomorrow is crunch day, my gut says I shall 10000000000000000% be paying for all this myself and finding out that the car needs a new engine, gearbox, differential, complete rewiring, infested with mice and was once used in a film and drove off a cliff..That's commoners luck for you I guess.
I'd like to drive the frigging thing off a cliff myself tbh, or over the heads of certain people. Scum bags in suits Wannabes.
Sorry for my anger and outspoken rant, but I've had a complete frigging gut full of this PC ambiguous BS.