Lying Salesman..A cancer among us, unfortunately. UK.

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Just take it back under the 30 day period as you will never be happy with it.
Problem solved and then get back to enjoying life... ;)
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel

MM1963

Post by MM1963 »

According to my rights, I can only see that I'd only be be able to return the vehicle, if it has something wrong with it, but I'm not 100% sure.
I thought I could return it as, not as advertised. But my brief is seriously £500 an hour just to say hi.
It's going to Beadles tomorrow, I totally trust the main head tech guy there, Mark Evans, and he will tell me if anything is wrong.
If and when they pay up, perhaps then I'll be able to get on with my life tbh JurassicF.
I'm trying to focus on anything but the situation in hand, but the total lack of sleep is not helping my mental state of mind.
Hence the rambling angry messages and p*** poor grammar and some sentences not making sense.
Planning on things that can change the cars looks to make it my own, and listening to that exhaust note with the windows down going through tunnels..shear bliss.
Last edited by MM1963 on Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
MY18 F-Type aka 'The Beast' V6 Caldera Red, Oyster Interior, Bits and Bobs, Wrapped Black Roof and now 14'' short number plates.
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

MM1963 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:50 pm According to my rights I can only see that to be be able to return the vehicle is has to have something wrong with it. I thought I could return it as, not as advertised. But my brief is seriously £500 an hour just to say hi.
It's going to Beadles tomorrow, I totally trust the main head tech guy there, Mark Evans, and he will tell me if anything is wrong and when they pay up, only then will I be able to get on with my life tbh JurassicF.
I'm trying to focus on anything but the situation, but total lack of sleep is not helping my mental state of mind. Hence the rambling angry messages.
Planning on things that can change the cars looks to make it my own, and listen to that exhaust note with the windows down going through tunnels..shear bliss.
It’s clear that you want the car and no one on this forum will disagree with that. It also seems clear that the car is probably fine and it’s just the dealer, or some of the staff at the dealer who are not acting to the standard we would all expect. You have sufficient evidence that the 165 point check was not carried out fully so I would just tell them that you want the 165 point carried out at your local dealer and the service that was agreed verbally. Irrespective of what they say just get it done and invoice them for it all. If they refuse to pay then a simple small claims court action will almost certainly find in your favour and job done. In reality just a threat of court action will likely change their heart and all will be sorted as it should have been done from the start. I really hope it works out ok and you get to enjoy the car, which is what you’re paying for.
MM1963

Post by MM1963 »

That's kind of what is happening Gus. Thanks for the encouraging words my friend.
They are just playing games and being ambiguous, which is insulting.
The worlds become a den of iniquity, and this, at my age is not what I expected from paying over the odds for a second hand car from Jaguar.
On the one hand, I have Marshall group and their staff being absolutely untrustworthy and damn right perplexing, on the other I have Beadles of Sidcup being bend over backwards helpful.
Love a County Court Judgement.
Again Gus, and to everyone who has left words of encouragement, Thank you from my heart. :)
MY18 F-Type aka 'The Beast' V6 Caldera Red, Oyster Interior, Bits and Bobs, Wrapped Black Roof and now 14'' short number plates.
MM1963

Post by MM1963 »

Been to Beadles today, still absolutely no replies from our resident Jaguar guy Dan, sadly. Don't know why? I can only guess...
Rear tyres were on 3mm minimum..surprise surprise. Jaguar stipulate changing on second hand cars at 3mm, but as Sam Clarke of Marshall JLR has ceased all communications, since asking for our telephone conversations to be recorded, I guess that'll have to be a county court judgement, how tiresome (boom boom).
Also sent the receipt for the Premium Unleaded I purchased that he said Marshall would pay for, for inconvenience of driving around to sort issues that was a result of their multipoint check. As I had already topped up the coolant, put air of tyres, filled the washer bottle up etc there was thankfully no issues, except the tyres.
The cross members have rust on them, but the Technician said he'd never seen one that went past surface rust...shall I ask for replacement? Any ideas?
So here I am, owner of an F-Type. The whole reason for paying over the odds for the car at a JLR dealership, was so I wouldn't get this type of crap, yet here we are. Tyres are £480 for rears, so basically I've paid even more for this car, and also had to endure the worst stress I could of imagined.
Thanks at least to all at Beadles at Sidcup.
Anyone who buys from Marshall should take care, let my nightmare be a warning.
I've learnt my lesson at a cost of nearly £40 grand. But at least Marshalls staff can read they've done a stand up job, well done, you must be so proud.
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

Tyres & various items not done on 165 point check would be good enough reason to reject the car IMO.

If you want to keep it;
You can get rears for about half that price (Michelin Pilot sport 4S’s)
Invoice original dealership and send a copy of the report done by beadles to prove they should have been done at their cost in the first place

Escalate to dealer principle and also send the info to Jaguar UK

Fill out the online feedback form on dealers website as well, be factual and concise, don’t come across as a moaner. This normally gets a great response as Jaguar UK monitor the feedback for brand reputation
MM1963

Post by MM1963 »

Update: Been told my tyres are in fact 2.7mm as they made an error, as they had two red F-Types in same day. Happy days, I have sent over the invoice for the service, and now the tyres, not heard a thing. But I did get a reply about the tank of petrol I was promised.

We shall see in the next thrilling episode...
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Great news, let's hope you start to love the car now👍
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
MM1963

Post by MM1963 »

Stress can do terrible things to the brain. and body...

I looked out the window this morning, saw the F-Beast sitting there cold and lonely, and thought 'grow up Mark, you're a spoilt twat who is so lucky to own a car like this, remember where you started and where you are'.

Don't count your chickens and all that, let's hope this is the last of the saga.

Jaguar aftercare will obviously have a few emails Monday to go through when I pen them this weekend.
MM1963

Post by MM1963 »

Todays update Monday 10th Feb.

Whilst investigating behind the seats and working out how to tint the rear and side windows, I noticed a bolt/hex screw cover missing. See photos..
I Contacted the people at Marshall JLR and allegedly they are sending me one in the post, when in stock..

They've now agreed to ONE rear tyre, as one was 2.7mm across two parts. The other tyre is over the 3.7mm and on the edge is 3mm..umm still illegal tyre on one.......ARE YOU READING THIS JAGUAR?

Also sent this as a footnote. You gotta laugh. QUOTE: 'I have negotiated a cheaper price if you are happy to pay for the other tyre?
Our max discount on the tyres will be 15% making them £251.89+VAT' .​..SO £302.27. :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: Thank godfather for Costco and Black Circles.

They have agreed to pay for the service, although he still wont directly answer me how he intends to pay me. More ambiguity.

Whilst my car was being serviced at Beadles Sidcup, they noticed the R-Dynamic badge at the rear was loose, and the sticky surface was completely shot, so they replaced it with a new one, Marshall Head of Business wasn't happy about that, but he agreed to pay for it.

Also still nothing from Dan our Jaguar guy..Tried messaging him, without reply. To be honest I have no idea why the silence? Maybe I'm not PC enough in my emails to people, and they feel staying clear is the best way forward. But thanks to all of you who did help, without you I'd be a crumbling heap in tears somewhere on the way to heart attack number two. Huge thank you..

Anyway until the tyre (singular not plural) is on, the service is paid for, the £75 petrol bill is paid and my missing cap cover thing is here, I'm not quite closing the post.

Confused? You will be on the next episode of 'Soap'!