Service schedule and warranty

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Just had an email saying Inchcape are temporarily closing as well and returning cars to customers.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)

KenC

Post by KenC »

scm wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:20 pm Mine's booked in for some warranty work (fuel pump issues) in April, but my warranty expires in July. I'm hoping that if the work is delayed the warranty will still be honoured.
The warranty should cover any issue reported and not fixed before expiry.
2019 F-Type Coupe, P300 R Dynamic (Sold)
2016 Mini Countryman Cooper S All4.
2009 Ferrari 430 Scuderia.
KenC

Post by KenC »

JurassicF wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:57 pm Just called Matford Jaguar.
They are not taking any service bookings even 2 months ahead.
Luckily I pre-emptied this situation and last week booked my car in for its first service for mid May. Clearly there is still a big risk as to whether it will be able to take place but I can do no more.
2019 F-Type Coupe, P300 R Dynamic (Sold)
2016 Mini Countryman Cooper S All4.
2009 Ferrari 430 Scuderia.
scharlton

Post by scharlton »

The Grange group are closing their sites but keeping service open only for NHS and key workers
2014 Coupe 5.0R RWD
White
Herts
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

My Guy Salmon dealers are run by Synter and also confirmed no new work will be accepted! Think the point is we stay at home, but that doesnt help time limits etc on MOT and Warranties. And still need a car to get to the Shops etc...

But Hatfields have mailed saying they will be doing emergency repair, breakdown and courtesy cars only.
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
Fez

Post by Fez »

Harwood chichester have closed for time being... luckily for me I had my car service last week. Keep safe everyone.
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
badger

Post by badger »

badger wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:06 pm
JurassicF wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:56 pm I have just had an email from Guy Salmon, who inform that their workshops will be closing after any current work is completed.
What will be the position in regard to warranty either the 3 year or extended warranty, if you cannot get your F Type serviced within say a month of it's due date?
which guy salmon was that? as i have my car in Maidstone at the moment going to be in all week. i know mot's will have a 3 month extension to 15 months so i would think warrantys will be the same.
well mine is stuck in guy salmon at Maidstone, but not all bad news as they gave me a demo car last Saturday, a lovely 19 plate 5.0 v8 R. :D shame i wont get to drive it much.
2015 polaris white s.
panoramic roof, black design pack, climate pack, parking pack ,heated performance seats, red belts, flat bottom steering wheel, 20'' tornado wheels, powered tailgate, black badges. (now sold)
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

badger wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:22 pm
badger wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:06 pm
JurassicF wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:56 pm I have just had an email from Guy Salmon, who inform that their workshops will be closing after any current work is completed.
What will be the position in regard to warranty either the 3 year or extended warranty, if you cannot get your F Type serviced within say a month of it's due date?
which guy salmon was that? as i have my car in Maidstone at the moment going to be in all week. i know mot's will have a 3 month extension to 15 months so i would think warrantys will be the same.
well mine is stuck in guy salmon at Maidstone, but not all bad news as they gave me a demo car last Saturday, a lovely 19 plate 5.0 v8 R. :D shame i wont get to drive it much.
Lucky, maybe you can keep it for a few weeks before they reopen.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
Derivative

Post by Derivative »

My problem's a bit messy at the moment.

Crashed the car in January with it's 3rd anniversary end of March. Had it booked for a service on the 19th March which I changed to the 31st March because it still hadn't been fixed and returned to me (spares supply problem).
Got a message today from the repairing dealer that they were going into immediate lock-down (with my car locked in).
Got a message from the servicing dealer (different dealer) that they were also going into lockdown and wouldn't be able to service it before the 3 years was up (even if I'd got it back from dealer 1).

In short, it won't be MOTd, it won't be taxed (I'll have to sorn it) and it won't be serviced before the warranty runs out and, I don't have my car.
I'm not too worried about the service but, I wanted it up on the ramps before the 3 years was up to have a good look round and in particular at the exhaust, rear subframe and diff (separate thread on those potential problem areas).

Perfect storm.
MY2018 R-Dynamic 340 coupe
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

lets hope the dealer doesn't go bust, so at least you can get your car back.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post