Service schedule and warranty

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

I have just had an email from Guy Salmon, who inform that their workshops will be closing after any current work is completed.
What will be the position in regard to warranty either the 3 year or extended warranty, if you cannot get your F Type serviced within say a month of it's due date?
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel

badger

Post by badger »

JurassicF wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:56 pm I have just had an email from Guy Salmon, who inform that their workshops will be closing after any current work is completed.
What will be the position in regard to warranty either the 3 year or extended warranty, if you cannot get your F Type serviced within say a month of it's due date?
which guy salmon was that? as i have my car in Maidstone at the moment going to be in all week. i know mot's will have a 3 month extension to 15 months so i would think warrantys will be the same.
2015 polaris white s.
panoramic roof, black design pack, climate pack, parking pack ,heated performance seats, red belts, flat bottom steering wheel, 20'' tornado wheels, powered tailgate, black badges. (now sold)
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Sorry, just realised I have posted incorrect information.
It actually was Synter who has sent it out, which impacts another of my cars.
However, feel that our dealerships will all face the same issue within a couple of weeks, so the question does still count.
Red soft top
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

So far only HGVs have the 3 month extension, but presume all cars will eventually have this.
Red soft top
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Yes I saw Sytner is closing. I would guess others won't be far behind.

I probably will miss 3rd service and MOT. In the grand schemes of things I'm not fussed.

I'm sure service plans can be adjusted, servicing dates can be back dated on OSH.
MOT you can still drive to a test centre and I'm sure they could extend to 15 months if required.
They will have to do something as car insurers can check MOT and refuse cover etc so like all industries there will need to be exclusions and special conditions made available.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Jagman100

Post by Jagman100 »

Yes agree with you there Scott,

This is on the Sytner web site and Guy Salmon are part of the Sytner group so I guess may apply to them to,

It seems the showrooms will close but the workshops will remain open for work already booked in,

Sytner Group.

Update from our Chief Executive
Temporary closure of our showrooms

Dear Customers,

Like all businesses within the UK and indeed, worldwide, we are closely monitoring the impact that COVID-19 is having on our business, our colleagues, customers and business partners.

We are very much aware and respectful of the Government’s message that all UK citizens and businesses must play their part to protect the most vulnerable in our society and to ensure that the NHS has the ability to care for the inevitable, increased number of patients that will be affected by the virus in the coming days and weeks.

For these reasons, the Board of Directors have taken the decision to close all Sytner Group showrooms to customers from close of business tomorrow, Tuesday 24th March.

Our workshops will however remain open until work already booked in is complete and will then support the sales teams to prepare purchased cars for delivery to our customers. Once this has been completed, our workshops will close to customers, with a number remaining open to support key workers.

We will also continue to support customers who wish to purchase cars, by launching a buy online option on our website. This will be live within the next few days and will allow you to obtain a part exchange valuation, apply for finance and have your car delivered, all without having to leave your home.

I would like to thank my fellow colleagues for their dedication over the last few weeks as we have together navigated our way through this challenge. They have all been amazing and I am immensely proud of what we have achieved.

Over the coming days, the Sytner team will work together, to care for our customers and look after each other’s well-being. This is a situation that we have not had to deal with before; we are entering uncharted territory and will be learning and adapting as we travel along this path.

Our teams will be working with our local communities to offer our support to frontline workers. We want to help ensure that keyworkers’ vehicles stay safely on the road and support where we can if they need help getting from place to place.

If you would like to follow our progress, we will use our social media pages to keep you updated on everything our teams are doing to support their communities.

We look forward to staying in touch and welcoming you back when we reopen.

Take care,

Darren Edwards
Chief Executive officer
2016 V8 R AWD Coupe Italian Racing Red, Black Alloys & Pano Roof
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

According to the government, MoT stations would remain open as should repair garages.
Red soft top
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

I am going to book my service now and if there is a problem they will have to cancel it. At least then I can show I have made the effort.
Red soft top
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
scm

Post by scm »

Mine's booked in for some warranty work (fuel pump issues) in April, but my warranty expires in July. I'm hoping that if the work is delayed the warranty will still be honoured.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Just called Matford Jaguar.
They are not taking any service bookings even 2 months ahead.
Red soft top
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post