Service schedule and warranty

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
Pete@Jaguar

Post by Pete@Jaguar »

simpleR wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 10:52 pm My 3rd service and 1st MOT next week has been moved back to 8th July. Have been told not to worry about warranty work or any issues arising because all covered.

Other than the car saying 0 miles to service I'm back at work and on the road everyday.
Good Morning,

Jaguar acknowledges that there will situations where you as a customer are unable to visit a Retailer for vehicle service due to the Coronavirus restrictions. During this period we will offer a grace period of 2 months / 2000 miles (3200 kms) (whichever occurs the sooner) post the standard service period until we can return to normal working practices. This will not affect your warranty (subject to the usual warranty restrictions). We will continue to monitor the situation and will provide further updates if the situation evolves.

Thanks,
Becci - Jaguar UK

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Pete@Jaguar wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:49 am
simpleR wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 10:52 pm My 3rd service and 1st MOT next week has been moved back to 8th July. Have been told not to worry about warranty work or any issues arising because all covered.

Other than the car saying 0 miles to service I'm back at work and on the road everyday.
Good Morning,

Jaguar acknowledges that there will situations where you as a customer are unable to visit a Retailer for vehicle service due to the Coronavirus restrictions. During this period we will offer a grace period of 2 months / 2000 miles (3200 kms) (whichever occurs the sooner) post the standard service period until we can return to normal working practices. This will not affect your warranty (subject to the usual warranty restrictions). We will continue to monitor the situation and will provide further updates if the situation evolves.

Thanks,
Becci - Jaguar UK
Thank you for confirming that Becci.
Very reassuring to hear this.
Thank you
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Derivative

Post by Derivative »

Good Morning,

Thanks,
Becci - Jaguar UK
Hi Becci,

My personal situation is my car is with one of your authorised body shops for repairs, and has been since January. Part of the reason it's taken this long was apparently due to difficulty obtaining some parts due to China going into lock-down fairly early. It had been booked for it's 3 year service at the end of March, when the warranty would also have expired. It's got caught in the lock-down and hasn't moved a wheel since January. It's not going to be possible to have it back and serviced within the two month grace period you mention. Nowhere's taking service bookings at the moment and the two dealers I've tried with are talking June/July before they will be able to see it. They have my details and assure me they will contact me as soon as they are taking bookings again.
Would you in a position to reassure me that should there be any issues that are spotted at the service (which I will obviously get done as soon as possible) that they would be covered under warranty?

Thanks
Stephen
MY2018 R-Dynamic 340 coupe
Pete@Jaguar

Post by Pete@Jaguar »

Derivative wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 12:18 pm

Good Morning,

Thanks,
Becci - Jaguar UK
Hi Becci,

My personal situation is my car is with one of your authorised body shops for repairs, and has been since January. Part of the reason it's taken this long was apparently due to difficulty obtaining some parts due to China going into lock-down fairly early. It had been booked for it's 3 year service at the end of March, when the warranty would also have expired. It's got caught in the lock-down and hasn't moved a wheel since January. It's not going to be possible to have it back and serviced within the two month grace period you mention. Nowhere's taking service bookings at the moment and the two dealers I've tried with are talking June/July before they will be able to see it. They have my details and assure me they will contact me as soon as they are taking bookings again.
Would you in a position to reassure me that should there be any issues that are spotted at the service (which I will obviously get done as soon as possible) that they would be covered under warranty?

Thanks
Stephen
Hi Stephen,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Jaguar and our approved retailers are currently taking advise from the UK Government, to ensure that we can assist you with your vehicle requirements.
Our retailers are on hand to assist with Service interval enquiries.

As your vehicle is with an approved retailer, please can you private message me your 17 Digit Vehicle Identification Number, the concerns that you were experiencing on your vehicle and the part that it required for your vehicle.

I would also require the details on the approved body shop that is currently undergoing the repairs on your vehicle.

Once I have received this information, I would be happy to assist further.

Thanks,

Becci – Jaguar UK
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Hi Becci,

I had a warranty issue confirmed at my last service and approved for resolution under the Jaguar Extended Warranty.

Unfortunately the necessary tool had to be ordered from China and had yet to arrive when lockdown began in the UK.

I assume I am safe to believe that the work will be carried out as and when the tool becomes available.

Manufacturing capacity is now back up to speed in China, so if I pm you my details I would appreciate you checking up on the delivery of the tool.

Thank you.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post