Jaguar Assist

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

@Jabbar_1971.

Welcome to the forum. Not a nice way to start out with a new car.
Your son is allright now I hope?

I think the timing is part of the problem. Paperwork not processed, holiday season, etc etc.

And the ice on your locks didn't help either. As you can see in the thread, JLR looks here too.

Hope that Becci picks it up.

Best wishes for 2021, for all on this forum and their families.. :)
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I suppose a 3.5 hour wait when your at home isn't too bad when you consider others will be stuck at the roadside, vulnerable situations etc.

I've only been frozen out twice in ownership. Once at a hotel 2yrs ago and used remote start which took about 15 min wait to defrost enough where the fob would open the doors and windows would drop and secondly when just windows were welded when a small amount of slightly warm water (in a rush) resolved it.

Any pillorless window and pop out handle mechanism can be affected but hope you get the response you want from Jaguar and it doesn't spoil the new ownership too much.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Jabbar1971

Post by Jabbar1971 »

Thank you and yes my son is much better now.

I agree holiday season has probably played part in nit getting fully into Jaguar systems.

The dealer has been brilliant - and the car is amazing!

The freezing has happened twice in the past week - and on each occasion its taken a few hours to get going. The handle pops out, but nothing doing with the door!

I’m going to get it booked to be looked at ASAP.

I phoned Jaguar Customer Service back late yesterday and the person I spoke to on that occasion was superb. Understood everything, went beyond ‘process’ and noted my issues and said he’d sort out speaking to dealer and getting confirmation of car ownership moving to me etc.
2021MY P300 1st Edition Coupe, Eiger Grey, with Climate, Privacy, Black Pack, Heated/cooled seats and Tracker.
scm

Post by scm »

Jabbar1971 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:22 am The freezing has happened twice in the past week - and on each occasion its taken a few hours to get going. The handle pops out, but nothing doing with the door!
You probably don't want to do this to a new car but ....

I've experienced frozen door syndrome in all four of my Jags and in each case I've just used brute force to get the door open - they're quite robust! Another manifestation is that once open, you can't always get the door to shut again once you'r inside, again just banging it shut repeatedly will eventually work. I've only had one incidence in the F-Type so far, and I find the remote start to get things warmed up is a useful addition to the armoury.

I've seen recommendations for Gummi Pflege on the seals to prevent freezing so that might be worth considering.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

simpleR wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:22 am.. used remote start which took about 15 min wait to defrost enough where the fob would open the doors and windows would drop
Great idea !! :mrgreen:
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
Jabbar1971

Post by Jabbar1971 »

Thank you. I tired remote start on both occasions about 20 mins each time with no success!

But will keep on trying. Love the car otherwise.
2021MY P300 1st Edition Coupe, Eiger Grey, with Climate, Privacy, Black Pack, Heated/cooled seats and Tracker.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post