Official JLR dealer not taking part in 3+ service promotion?

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
BlackTypeR

Post by BlackTypeR »

Hi all, hope this is the right forum section.
My annual service/MOT is due in April/May

I went via the official Jaguar website and booked my appointment with one of the listed dealers close to me.
They responded yesterday, quoting me 200gbp more than what I clicked on the website - shouldn't listed dealers on the Jag website for service be taking part in the 3yr+ fixed service plan?

In any case, can anyone recommend a good Jaguar dealer (official or independent, I am out of warranty) around (central) London?
Have read negative things about most of them around here (Lookers London, Beadles London, Stratstone London), so would be grateful for any personal experience/recommendation from a fellow F-Type owner.

Thanks
Black F Type R AWD 2015
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3764

Fez

Post by Fez »

I am surprised if the dealer is listed as doing the promotion then would expect them to honour that commitment to jaguar. I use Harwood chichester, however you need to ask all the questions to get the best service and any promotional prices.
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

Does the promotion only count if you bought the car during the promotion period not for post bought? That is how it generally works in Australia but maybe it is different in the UK?
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.
BlackTypeR

Post by BlackTypeR »

I was surprised too because the JLR website let's you book a slot and confirms the price with them.

Anyways, found a different garage, West Motor Companies Jaguar service, looks like a JLR authorised independent garage, seems to have good reviews online although fairly limited.
They quoted me the 3+ promo prices after asking on the phone and confirmed to not apply the H239 update...

I must admit, I dread dealer/garage visits, never really found one I could trust, especially Jaguar dealers unfortunately, and I am genuinely willing to pay for piece of mind...
Black F Type R AWD 2015
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3764
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Not all dealers participate in the 3+ service program. Until recently there weren't any south of the M25. Harwoods across Sussex and Inchcape Guildford started offering it last year. I used to use Guildford and have a day out and lunch whilst the service was being done.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Graham S

Post by Graham S »

Hi
did you ever find a decent London independent for service/ repairs ?
My 5.0 AWD has sprung a serious coolant leak
Thanks
Deleted User 4388

Post by Deleted User 4388 »

This has now stopped

But I still get a good discount from y local dealer as I have a good relationship with them
its not the dealer its Jaguar who has stopped the 3+ service fixed service plan
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

mickjaguar wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:40 pm Not all dealers participate in the 3+ service program. Until recently there weren't any south of the M25. Harwoods across Sussex and Inchcape Guildford started offering it last year. I used to use Guildford and have a day out and lunch whilst the service was being done.
Guildford have been offering the 3+ for several years.
As H. A. Fox (when I bought my last 2 cars) they used to be excellent, however since they changed to Inchcape the service has gone downhill fast.
They couldn’t even get a simple mot booking right last year - partly because of the stupid trend to move to centralised booking - I’ll be heading to Tom Lenthall on Friday for a good mot while you wait chat, at £45, and they can still handle the £750 mot cover under warranty if ever needed 👍
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Lunar wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 6:56 am Guildford have been offering the 3+ for several years.
As H. A. Fox (when I bought my last 2 cars) they used to be excellent, however since they changed to Inchcape the service has gone downhill fast.
They couldn’t even get a simple mot booking right last year - partly because of the stupid trend to move to centralised booking.
Yes the Inchcape booking line is appalling. But remember you can still book the "service to schedule" for £385 online. And if your having an MOT at the same time then the MOT is £40.
Really down to the relationship you have with the aftersales manager.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post