Pin code for infotainment system

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
Geeboy360

Post by Geeboy360 »

Hi everyone,
I’ve just purchased a 400 sport on a 2017 plate from a local well known dealer. Non Jaguar. The car has not come with the handbook, which they are getting me, nor a tyre inflator pack which they are getting me too!
However tonight I have been trying to work out the settings of the infotainment system but it’s asking for a pin which comes with handbook or a password so you can change the pin from factory.
I’m guessing that I’m a bit stuck on certain things I can do without the pin?
Not sure what the pin will give me that I haven’t got already?
Any ideas?
400 sport RWD Convertible in silver
Low n loud!

Hammers

Post by Hammers »

The only Pin code I am aware of is to set Valet Mode on or off
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

Hammers wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:12 am The only Pin code I am aware of is to set Valet Mode on or off
or when bluetooth pairing a phone.
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

NavigatorNI wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:22 am
Hammers wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:12 am The only Pin code I am aware of is to set Valet Mode on or off
Yes but that isn't stored
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

Hammers wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:29 am
NavigatorNI wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:22 am
Yes but that isn't stored
Fair point, Hammers.

Geeboy360, Attached is picture of my manual covering Valet Mode, if it's any help.

20210531_010716.jpg

V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
Geeboy360

Post by Geeboy360 »

Thanks everyone!
I am just awaiting my new data sim to turn up so I can get that put in and completely set the whole system up properly with my new account login at the same time.
I think I now know the code to delete the previous owners details and account and to set up my own account.
Cars are so technologically advanced for there own good these days 😂😂
Will let you know how I get on when the data sim arrives and if that goes ok?! I see it has its own issues on here from what I’ve read!
400 sport RWD Convertible in silver
Low n loud!
scm

Post by scm »

Geeboy360 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:08 pm Will let you know how I get on when the data sim arrives and if that goes ok?! I see it has its own issues on here from what I’ve read!
The only issue I've had with SIMs is when the sales guy was demonstrating the call button which disabled my Virgin Mobile SIM by wiping its APN details. I had to stick it in a 'phone to reset things. Had no problems at all with a Giffgaff SIM.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

In older models there used to be a generic pin printed in the manual as a fall back thing. I think it was 1929 ?
However more recent models should have a personal PIN set as part of the handover to allow you to login to the nav and create a vehicle profile.
A dealer shoul;d be able to clear the previous owners data and allow a new pin to be set.
I had to remember mine to do a factory reset to wipe any data when I traded in my most recent JLR product.
Data sims are always a cause of agg.
Best are data only as they tend to be cheaper (or even free) than the £10 a month or so some mobile providers ask for an additional sim which often needs several steps to get it to work if at all.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post