Voice Instructions using CarPlay

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Yesterday I phoned Jaguar customer services for an update to this issue, I’ve just received an email back stating that the technical team have stated that S21B SHOULD be available by the end of November but they were unable to give me an exact release date.

CJSJAG

Post by CJSJAG »

Do you know if this will be an OTA update or a dealer update?

I do have a work-around for Siri instructions. Just recently suggested by another owner.
You give Siri a nav.command, then jiggle the MODE button to get to the right channel.
Then Sirir gives voice directions, Not sure if it works with Waze.

I have an additional step because I have Audible on my phone.
For some unknown reason, Audible starts automatically on the sme channel as Siri aftr you give the nav command.
So I get Siri started, then when Audible starts, I turn of "playing now" on the car's Carplay icon display.
2021 R-Dynamic P380 Convertible BRG
Deleted User 1715

Just had an email back from Jaguar customer services, S21B software will fix these issues but is not showing as a SOTA update, so owners will have to book their cars in to a dealer to get the update. I’ll be leaving mine until the next annual service in March.
CJSJAG

Post by CJSJAG »

I am expecting to be at the dealers in 2 weeks for another issue (BSM and rear cross traffic monitor) so will ask about update S21B and see if they know anything about it.
Perhaps it is real and they will install!!
Will let you know outcome.
2021 R-Dynamic P380 Convertible BRG
Deleted User 1715

CJSJAG wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:28 pm I am expecting to be at the dealers in 2 weeks for another issue (BSM and rear cross traffic monitor) so will ask about update S21B and see if they know anything about it.
Perhaps it is real and they will install!!
Will let you know outcome.
Thanks, they didn’t give any explanation as why it couldn’t be done over the air, I thought that was the whole point of the system!
Deleted User 1715

Update: S21B is now available and it downloaded over the air to my car without difficulty, no idea why they told me it was dealer install only. Haven’t tested the fix to voice instructions yet but hopefully this one is now CLOSED! :D

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post