Potential Mis-advertisement of Tracker.

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
apr1962

Post by apr1962 »

Mine had the tracker and on the app it shows “in car secure”, with the date in red as the subscription has expired.
MY 2018 V8R AWD Convertible
Ammonite Grey / Black Leather
Modifications:
SVR Bonnet Vents
Flat Bottomed Steering Wheel
Jaguar Aluminium Paddles

Mr.Tea

Post by Mr.Tea »

I'm back and with bad news as it appears I have also been fobbed off by Jaguar directly. I've pasted their reply below;

It is important to note however that whilst our website is fronted by Jaguar to view and access vehicles online, it is the selling retailers responsibility to update the information to the website. As Jaguar as a manufacturer do not sell vehicle's directly, we are not responsible for the data which is uploaded as part of the advertisement for a used vehicle. As such, I can only recommend that you continue to liaise with the selling retailer, as they are your point of sale and required to discuss any concerns that are relative to the sale between yourself and them.

Quality. Now i've been told by the dealership who sold me the car that there's nothing they can do as it was advertised by Jaguar and now Jaguar are saying there's nothing they can do because it's up to the dealership to ensure the correct information is displayed on their (Jaguars) site.

My first train of thought was to start harassing the dealership over the phone again but that method took months to get any sort of result. Any advice would be appreciated as to where I go from here.

Thanks.
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

TBH I do think that Jaguars response is right. The contract of sale is between you and the dealer, not you and Jaguar, and accuracy of what is in and advertisement or any other information is the dealers to ensure is correct. In Australia there are disclaimers as they have the standard features on the websites for a vehicle and sometimes changes were made in options. The dealer is the one who you contracted with for the sale and if they didn’t provide a disclaimer or make you aware you needed to check the options then it is on them. The question is how much time and energy you want to spend on it and if there is a solution you would be happy with? Is it the cash? Is it something else?
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.
Fez

Post by Fez »

Hammers is correct you beef is with dealer. Read up on consumer law...its been miss sold! Does not who made up the sign extra for what it is fitted with. It has been miss sold end of...
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
Pete@Jaguar

Post by Pete@Jaguar »

Mr.Tea wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:08 pm Hi everyone. I have an issue i'd appreciate some input on.

I bought my F Type in May of this year from a Jaguar dealership. Was very happy with the car but after a week I noticed a couple of odd issues. One was the window seals/scratches on driver and passenger glass. The second is in relation to the Jaguar Remote and Tracker. I spent 4 months being given the cold shoulder by the dealership about the window seals and glass but they eventually conceded when I brought up that it was covered in a technical bullet-in.

The issue regarding the Remote and Tracker is that, while advertised on Jaguars approved used car search as having both Remote and Tracker, when I went to register and set them up, I was only given access to the Remote, no tracker. The dealerships own website was (to say the least) thin on details/features of the car and never mentioned having a tracker OR the remote so I was relying on Jaguars own catalogue which said it had both. I'm annoyed I didn't take more screenshots of the dealerships website however I did take a screenshot of Jaguars listed features showing both Remote and Tracker.

Regardless, I rang Jaguar directly to ask if the build sheet had the car had a tracker marked on. I was told no. This is annoying to say the least, I bought the car with the tracker having read a few stories of these cars being stolen relatively easily and was hoping for a tracker as standard as an additional layer of security. I rang the dealership hoping they could look into this further being the ones I bought the car from. I was told they'd look into it but due to covid and everyone working from home it would take time. This was mid October by this point. Fast forward yesterday. I ring the dealership again and ask for a callback as people are busy/away. I get a callback from someone i've not dealt with before and they assure me that they'll get together with the sales manager the next morning and come back the next day with a solution.

Tonight I get a call to tell me that there's nothing they can do on their part because the Remote Tracker feature was listed on Jaguars own site, not the dealerships own and in the small print or (T&Cs) it says that there may be some discrepancies with what's listed and what is actually on the car. I'm under the impression they pull the list of extras/features from a list when they enter the VIN into their site though I could be wrong. The dealership said they could have one installed if I brought the car down to them and at a cost to me which they couldn't even give me a rough estimate but i'm sure it'd be way above what a 3rd party would charge.

Where should I go from here?

Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Good morning Mr Tea,

Thank you for your post.

Should you require any assistance with your experience please send me a PM with your Vehicle Identification Number, your contact details and the name of the retailer you have visited.

Many Thanks,

Dan - Jaguar UK
Mr.Tea

Post by Mr.Tea »

Pete@Jaguar wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:38 am
Good morning Mr Tea,

Thank you for your post.

Should you require any assistance with your experience please send me a PM with your Vehicle Identification Number, your contact details and the name of the retailer you have visited.

Many Thanks,

Dan - Jaguar UK
I've just sent you a message detailing the current situation i'm in. Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post