Potential Mis-advertisement of Tracker.

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
Mr.Tea

Post by Mr.Tea »

Hi everyone. I have an issue i'd appreciate some input on.

I bought my F Type in May of this year from a Jaguar dealership. Was very happy with the car but after a week I noticed a couple of odd issues. One was the window seals/scratches on driver and passenger glass. The second is in relation to the Jaguar Remote and Tracker. I spent 4 months being given the cold shoulder by the dealership about the window seals and glass but they eventually conceded when I brought up that it was covered in a technical bullet-in.

The issue regarding the Remote and Tracker is that, while advertised on Jaguars approved used car search as having both Remote and Tracker, when I went to register and set them up, I was only given access to the Remote, no tracker. The dealerships own website was (to say the least) thin on details/features of the car and never mentioned having a tracker OR the remote so I was relying on Jaguars own catalogue which said it had both. I'm annoyed I didn't take more screenshots of the dealerships website however I did take a screenshot of Jaguars listed features showing both Remote and Tracker.

Regardless, I rang Jaguar directly to ask if the build sheet had the car had a tracker marked on. I was told no. This is annoying to say the least, I bought the car with the tracker having read a few stories of these cars being stolen relatively easily and was hoping for a tracker as standard as an additional layer of security. I rang the dealership hoping they could look into this further being the ones I bought the car from. I was told they'd look into it but due to covid and everyone working from home it would take time. This was mid October by this point. Fast forward yesterday. I ring the dealership again and ask for a callback as people are busy/away. I get a callback from someone i've not dealt with before and they assure me that they'll get together with the sales manager the next morning and come back the next day with a solution.

Tonight I get a call to tell me that there's nothing they can do on their part because the Remote Tracker feature was listed on Jaguars own site, not the dealerships own and in the small print or (T&Cs) it says that there may be some discrepancies with what's listed and what is actually on the car. I'm under the impression they pull the list of extras/features from a list when they enter the VIN into their site though I could be wrong. The dealership said they could have one installed if I brought the car down to them and at a cost to me which they couldn't even give me a rough estimate but i'm sure it'd be way above what a 3rd party would charge.

Where should I go from here?

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

The specs and specification listing are taken from Topix. (Jaguar technical system). The dealer simply enters the VIN and then advertises that. This also determines the price.

Sometimes Topix is wrong. I've seen "with" front parking sensors but they weren't fitted. Descrepancies with sound system versions.

If you have proof the original advert said Tracker and you don't have one then you are entitled to compensation. The person missing the front sensors got £447 which was the cost of the optional extra plus the cost to get it installed.

You should open a case with Jaguar with your complaint. Providing full details AND what you expect.

Also consider telling your car insurance if you told them it has a tracker but actually it doesn't.

Contact details.
https://www.jaguar.co.uk/contact-us/index.html

CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE CENTRE
Phone Lines Open; Monday - Friday 09:00 - 15:30
Phone: 0345 303 2303

Abbey Road, Whitley
Coventry
CV3 4LF

Email Hours: Monday - Friday 08:00 - 16:30
Email: jagcrc@jaguarlandrover.com
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Mr.Tea

Post by Mr.Tea »

Would the attached screenshot of the listing from Jaguars catalogue suffice as evidence in your opinion? I made sure to capture the registration in the screenshot but for the sake of this being the internet, i've censored it here. Note that this was before Jaguar re-designed their online search.

See the left column for the Tracker and Remote listings. Thanks for your help so far simpleR

Car spec listing.png

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Perfect. It clearly states "InControl Secure Tracker".

I've not seen Topix list this but it not have it, but missing features won't be the first or last time.

Open a case and report back. Good luck.
Mr.Tea

Post by Mr.Tea »

simpleR wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:06 pm Perfect. It clearly states "InControl Secure Tracker".

I've not seen Topix list this but it not have it, but missing features won't be the first or last time.

Open a case and report back. Good luck.

Excellent. In regards to Topix, i've seen you post a lot of information about other peoples cars. If I provide the registration, would this be something you could look atn providing it's no problem of course?
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Jaguar removed access to build sheets to mere mortals last October. It is now a paid for feature but an email to Jaguar Customer care or a local dealer with VIN number will get you a free PDF copy.
Mr.Tea

Post by Mr.Tea »

Thanks for all the help!

I'll get in touch with a Jaguar Customer Care for a build sheet tomorrow via email and see what comes back.
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Mr.Tea wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:16 pm Thanks for all the help!

I'll get in touch with a Jaguar Customer Care for a build sheet tomorrow via email and see what comes back.
Good luck with customer services, for ref the tracker was a £520 option on mine, although that included 3 years subscription.
TopCat

Post by TopCat »

If you go into Jaguar Remote and settings and then subscriptions, what does it show? If the car had the tracker and it’s just out of subscription I think it will still show it here.
2017 F Type V6 coupe, storm grey, panoramic roof, 19" wheels
Mr.Tea

Post by Mr.Tea »

TopCat wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:02 pm If you go into Jaguar Remote and settings and then subscriptions, what does it show? If the car had the tracker and it’s just out of subscription I think it will still show it here.

The app (and website) only show Remote and I cannot see anything related to the Tracker. Waiting to hear back from Jaguar in terms of the build sheet but i'm confident it doesn't have a tracker installed.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post