New F-Type Detailing

Detailing, Washing, Waxing..
dezzy

Post by dezzy »

I won! Woo! Thanks guys. Couldn't have done it without those last few votes!
V6 coupe, Ultimate Black, 19" propellor wheels, suede cloth performance seats, interior black pack, suede cloth headlining, flat bottom steering wheel, heated seats, power tailgate

captainham

Post by captainham »

Thumbs Up Congrats!
F-Type V6S IRR Coupe MY2016 AT
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Excellent Clap .. do we now get free detailing? LOL Big smile
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
Tall dad

Post by Tall dad »

Well done Dizzy

As a new car proud owner I haven't got a clue what to use for everyday washing and waxing. Im thinking that Fairy Liquid and Mr Sheen won't quite cut it.

Any chance of sending a short list of 'Essentials' through for newbies who want to do what they can to preserve the beauty with minimum effort?

Cheers
Italian Racing Red - V6S Coupe 2016 - Exterior Black Design Pack - Climate - Parking - Visibility -Performance Seats - 14 Way Memory - Red Seatbelts - Happy
ajbh

Post by ajbh »

Yay! Well done dezzy :)ajbh2016-11-01 11:03:16
dezzy

Post by dezzy »

Excellent Clap .. do we now get free detailing? LOL Big smile

Of course
V6 coupe, Ultimate Black, 19" propellor wheels, suede cloth performance seats, interior black pack, suede cloth headlining, flat bottom steering wheel, heated seats, power tailgate
dezzy

Post by dezzy »

Any chance of sending a short list of 'Essentials' through for newbies who want to do what they can to preserve the beauty with minimum effort?

Cheers

There are some good guides at the following links:

http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/car-care-blog/car-care-guides/

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/car-care-advice.html

Also loads of information on the Detailing World forum but it can be a bit of information overload!

Brands will always be personal preference but my favourites have been Poorboy's and Dodo Juice for a while now. However, I recently discovered gtechniq and have fallen in love with their products. Used a lot of them for the detail that just won that competition.

My two key bits of advice are to make sure the car is well protected (with a coating, sealant or wax) and then make sure you don't inflict any damage by washing very carefully.

For the latter point, make sure you use a good quality wash mitt (not a sponge), a good shampoo and the two bucket method you'll find described at the links above. Rinse the mitt lots. Use a separate mitt for wheels. I always do my wheels first then use a different mitt and fresh water for the Bodywork.

A pre wash with a foam gun will help reduce the risk of swirls and scratches even further.

There are loads of things I could suggest but have a read through the guides and shout if you have any questions. Several other keen detailers on here too who I'm sure will be happy to help.

Perhaps we should arrange an F-type detailing meet?!
Tall dad

Post by Tall dad »

Dizzy, that's brilliant. Thank you very much for putting that together for me. I'm googling Dodo juice now and hoping it doesn't take me to anything BT internet blocks!
Italian Racing Red - V6S Coupe 2016 - Exterior Black Design Pack - Climate - Parking - Visibility -Performance Seats - 14 Way Memory - Red Seatbelts - Happy
wanner69

Post by wanner69 »

Nice one bud
V6S convertible, Glacier white, Black pack, 20" Tornado's, parking pack, Performance heated seats,

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post