Spare wheel option

Anything F-Type related......
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Hello as per title

On the coupe has anyone specked the spare wheel option ? on my order I did not ... now I have started to think perhaps I have should have done

the main reason I did not go for this is the fact the rear boot space is reduce substantially ? anyone any pics or different opinion who actually has this option ?

But that said when we had my BMW Z4M cars this never bothered me

all the best

SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

I just carry around some tyre foam, and my MY2016 has the button to call for jaguar roadside assistance worst case, better than losing the boot space IMO ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MY2016 Coupe V6S in Italian Racing Red + Black pack, Black 20" Cyclones, black badges all round. VelocityAP valved Exhaust, black tips. Pano Roof, Sports seats, Cold Climate & Parking packs. InControl nav, Blackvue front + Rear dashcams.
ajbh

Post by ajbh »

Surely no one speccd the wheel, it is the entire boot!
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

Utter waste of money.

Put simply - if you have a puncture and then replace the wheel with the spare, where do you put the punctured wheel? It doesn't fit in the boot, nor would it be easy or desirable to possibly put it on the passenger seat (IF you don't have a passenger).

I don't have one.
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
Deleted User 1088

ajbh wrote: Sun May 07, 2017 5:12 pm Surely no one speccd the wheel, it is the entire boot!
Hello .. not for the coupe its not
Deleted User 1088

daytona650 wrote: Sun May 07, 2017 5:27 pm Utter waste of money.

Put simply - if you have a puncture and then replace the wheel with the spare, where do you put the punctured wheel? It doesn't fit in the boot, nor would it be easy or desirable to possibly put it on the passenger seat (IF you don't have a passenger).

I don't have one.
Yes very good point ... but was talking about the coupe, but you point is very much still valid .. :)
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

I think the space saver does take up alot of boot space even in the coupe. I read somewhere that it might be dealer fit item anyway and that it bolts down somehow to prevent it moving about. Also comes with a jack etc.

I've had one puncture about a year ago which I discovered on getting home, so didn't have to use the gunk. Took the wheel in and the hole was too close to the sidewall for a repair so ended up ordering in a new tyre. Since then I've wondered about getting a spare of some sort, as I would have something to put on the car whilst waiting for the new tyre. Not necessarily to drive around on, mostly so its not on just sitting on a trolley jack. A full size wheel would be better, but with front and back being different sizes I'd probably have to buy two. (NB these cars need low profile jacks, as mine wouldn't go under the car with the tyre fully deflated, had to put the compressor on for a bit to raise it up an inch).

So I'm getting round to the idea of keeping a space saver at home. And if I get a flat, I have the option of calling recovery or calling home and having my 'pit crew' bring the spare out :roll: . On the basis that I'm mostly no more than an hour away anyway.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Deleted User 1088

mickjaguar wrote: Sun May 07, 2017 5:36 pm I think the space saver does take up alot of boot space even in the coupe. I read somewhere that it might be dealer fit item anyway and that it bolts down somehow to prevent it moving about. Also comes with a jack etc.

I've had one puncture about a year ago which I discovered on getting home, so didn't have to use the gunk. Took the wheel in and the hole was too close to the sidewall for a repair so ended up ordering in a new tyre. Since then I've wondered about getting a spare of some sort, as I would have something to put on the car whilst waiting for the new tyre. Not necessarily to drive around on, mostly so its not on just sitting on a trolley jack. A full size wheel would be better, but with front and back being different sizes I'd probably have to buy two. (NB these cars need low profile jacks, as mine wouldn't go under the car with the tyre fully deflated, had to put the compressor on for a bit to raise it up an inch).

So I'm getting round to the idea of keeping a space saver at home. And if I get a flat, I have the option of calling recovery or calling home and having my 'pit crew' bring the spare out :roll: . On the basis that I'm mostly no more than an hour away anyway.
Many thanks for the detailed reply , greatly appreciated
Derivative

Post by Derivative »

Even the dealer told me it was a bad idea when I asked.
Virtually all your boot space is taken up. The front wheel only will fit in the boot and, the rear would have to go on the passenger seat (as already mentioned) or drive home with the boot open and risk putting the glass out!
MY2018 R-Dynamic 340 coupe
probbins2000

Post by probbins2000 »

I have this option on my coupe. The spare does take up quite a bit of space in the boot. I personally leave the spare at home for general usage around town, I also have the foam inflator. However. if I am traveling long journeys or on the continent I always carry the spare. I recently travelled with the spare and two regular suitcases in the boot, albeit I did leave the parcel shelf at home. As for what do you do with a full sized wheel in the event of a puncture, the large wheel will fit easily in the boot space with no luggage and if you do have luggage would it not be preferable to have the luggage in the cabin rather than the wheel. Hope this helps.
Last edited by probbins2000 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
V6 Coupe British Racing Green

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post