How long to have a F Type built

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
IanLloyd

Post by IanLloyd »

Hi to everyone

on my first post to this site I was wondering if anyone who has had a F type built from scratch.How long did take in weeks did they have to wait....

my Jaguar dealer has told me 3 months but said it sometimes is sooner .....can anyone advise me on their experiences on how long it took.

I ordered an Five litre R in white just three weeks ago now and I am going stir crazy waiting :evil: , hoping to get some positive feed back from other people didnt have to wait so long.

About myself ....I live in Dorset and have had a few Jaguars .......My brother and I had a Midnight Blue 3.8 S Jaguar in 1969
Still runing my own business but passed retirement age 2 White XJ6 sallons in the Seventies
A daimler Soverign 2.9 in the Nineties British Racing Green
4 litre XK8 Convertable Dark Blue in 2002
The new XK 2006 Metalic Black
5 litre XKR Metalic Black 2014
and now waiting for the new F Type.

OK all for now Every one have a great Bank holiday :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Hello .. and welcome to the forum

I was told 3 months for our F Type coupe ... but was delivered 4 weeks early :) ... its just a waiting game
OB123

Post by OB123 »

Hi Ian - welcome from me too.

I've got a Ftype r awd on order too - I'm told its going to built on the 29th Sept - so I guess it will be a few days after that - it was ordered on the 24th July - I agree - the waiting is killing too. I asked the dealer to keep in touch - even if there was nothing to report - they are now sending me emails every week saying ''quick update - no news'' I think i might burst with excitement .......
V8 AWD Coupe - Indus Silver
IanLloyd

Post by IanLloyd »

Thanks for a QUICK REPLY,
I ordered mine on the 6th of August, so if it came 4 weeks early ....thats seven weeks down so maybe it could be here early October YIPEEEE...

Well I shall have to be patient as my wife keeps telling me,.Ive just about watched all the F type vids on youtube...some great ones and some awful one too...
I have been asking about a factory visit to Browns lane to see the F Type production line etc...but I have had no response as yet to that one
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

I was given 10 weeks as an estimate when ordering on 31july 2015. It turned up a couple of weeks early and was collected on 25 September. Hopefully yours will arrive a earlier than expected.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
bigknd

Post by bigknd »

My F-type svr was ordered in April with an expected delivery date of the end of July but arrived a whole Month early at the end of June, dealer did say that Jaguar like to be conservative on their build times so hopefully all those with one on order will not be waiting too long ;)
IanLloyd

Post by IanLloyd »

bigknd wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:37 pm My F-type svr was ordered in April with an expected delivery date of the end of July but arrived a whole Month early at the end of June, dealer did say that Jaguar like to be conservative on their build times so hopefully all those with one on order will not be waiting too long ;)
Thanks for your reply and help to build by hopes up, I am like a kid waiting for Christmas... The SVR must be sooo quick , I went a bit cheap and only ordered the 5 R, should be alright though .....LOL it must be hard to wipe the smile off your face :lol:

Well iam a bit like Diana Ross ... I`am still waiting
IanLloyd

Post by IanLloyd »

OB123 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:08 pm Hi Ian - welcome from me too.

I've got a Ftype r awd on order too - I'm told its going to built on the 29th Sept - so I guess it will be a few days after that - it was ordered on the 24th July - I agree - the waiting is killing too. I asked the dealer to keep in touch - even if there was nothing to report - they are now sending me emails every week saying ''quick update - no news'' I think i might burst with excitement .......
Well like I have said to someone else on here I`am a bit like Diana Ross ......I`am still waiting ........I hope the rush for the new plate does`nt hold things up for us :P
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Welcome Ian, where abouts in Dorset are you? A couple of us forum members near to Weymouth.
Rob
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
IanLloyd

Post by IanLloyd »

JurassicF wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:57 pm Welcome Ian, where abouts in Dorset are you? A couple of us forum members near to Weymouth.
Rob
Hi Rob I am in Poole great to make contact this is a petty cool site

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post