North Coast 500

Post pictures of your Jaguar FType here!
TopCat

Post by TopCat »

Thanks for the extra details, it's a trip we would like to make
2017 F Type V6 coupe, storm grey, panoramic roof, 19" wheels

dezzy

Post by dezzy »

Thanks guys. Just shout if you've got any questions. Happy to share my advice and opinions for anyone thinking of doing the route.
V6 coupe, Ultimate Black, 19" propellor wheels, suede cloth performance seats, interior black pack, suede cloth headlining, flat bottom steering wheel, heated seats, power tailgate
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Fab report & photos Dezzy.

My In-Laws live in The Doll. This is just outside Brora on the A9. We stay at The Royal Marine hotel in Brora. Very nice place. Food is top notch, big roaring fire with leather chairs. Snooker room, pool, sauna etc.

Another bonus is it lies 100 yards from Brora Golf Club. An historic James Braid links course...

IMG_4119.JPG

This was taken on the first tee...

The in-laws were down last week & the NC500 was discussed. The concept has really taken off & bought much needed tourist activity to the area. Many groups with all types of transport are trying the route out. Cyclists, car groups, motorbikes etc.
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
dezzy

Post by dezzy »

Nice!

Glad to hear the positive reactions. I've heard a small minority (farmers in particular I believe) are quite against it but it must have brought so much tourism to the local economies up there. We saw a lot of cyclists too, campers, foreign tourists in hire cars, etc. Even if that means a bit of traffic, I think it's a fantastic thing for the local economy.
V6 coupe, Ultimate Black, 19" propellor wheels, suede cloth performance seats, interior black pack, suede cloth headlining, flat bottom steering wheel, heated seats, power tailgate
Boostfan

Post by Boostfan »

dezzy wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:35 am
Boostfan wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:48 am Lovely pictures, we did it from Leeds over 10 days in our Focus RS Spring 2016. We stayed in the same room & had the same parking spot as you at the Torridon Arms! - Wonderfull.
Hehe, great place ain't it? Where else did you stay while doing the route? Any particular highlights for hotels?
Our first stop was Bamburgh at the Mizen Head Hotel, we had two nights there, well recommended, lovely food.
Then on to Inverness, we could only find room at the Premier Inn but it was OK.
From Inverness we went clockwise, staying at the Torridon Inn, like yourselves we loved it there, nice room, good food & proper beer.
Our next stop was the Albannach in Lochinver, you need deep pockets here but lovely room & Michelin star food, a proper treat.
Then on to Thurso where we stayed two nights at the Marine, lovely room & excellent breakfasts.
Brora was the next stop at the Royal Marine, a little old fashioned but nice enough.
We then went on to Edinburgh & stayed two nights at the Nira Caledonia, very nice & well recommended.
Our last stop before home was the Joiners Arms at Lower Newton by the Sea Northumberland, again well recommended.
So we stayed at 8 different hotels & did around 1400 miles in a very new Focus RS which was a brilliant car for such a journey.
It was a lovely holiday & we would do it again, but I think we would take the RS again not the F-Type, its exactly the right car for those roads.
White MK3 Focus RS.
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

DaddyDarren wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:58 pm Fab report & photos Dezzy.

My In-Laws live in The Doll. This is just outside Brora on the A9. We stay at The Royal Marine hotel in Brora. Very nice place. Food is top notch, big roaring fire with leather chairs. Snooker room, pool, sauna etc.

Another bonus is it lies 100 yards from Brora Golf Club. An historic James Braid links course...

IMG_4119.JPG

This was taken on the first tee...

The in-laws were down last week & the NC500 was discussed. The concept has really taken off & bought much needed tourist activity to the area. Many groups with all types of transport are trying the route out. Cyclists, car groups, motorbikes etc.
What a beautiful Fox Terrier.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Thank you. Stanley is 9 years old & the most cheeky, spoilt little monkey going. Been to, & stayed at places most humans will never go to. Here’s him chillin at Gleneagles 😄

D87ED2E3-1A19-49F9-AC42-0062B39CDD45.jpeg

White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Wonderful, he must meet our Welshie, she is just coming up to 8yrs old.

Jaynie on Rock.jpg

F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

JurassicF wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:31 pm Wonderful, he must meet our Welshie, she is just coming up to 8yrs old.
Jaynie on Rock.jpg
She is beautiful. Love terriers, so much life & zest!
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
davidd

Post by davidd »

That looks like a brilliant trip. Really would like to try that one day.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post