Detailed today.

Anything F-Type related......
Shunt

Post by Shunt »

Ever since I bought my F the quality of the paint finish has annoyed me. So this weekend it has been sorted.

It's Amethyst Black so goes a nice shade of purple in the sun, well it does now Scott at OCD in Bolton has worked his magic on it. 12 hours of machine polishing and it's better than new.

tmp-cam-741510104.jpg

tmp-cam-1886208588.jpg

tmp-cam-1591358112.jpg

Amethyst Black V8S
Estoril M135i
Red BMW S1000R

Myer

Post by Myer »

Looks great, how much did you pay
wanner69

Post by wanner69 »

Looks a lovely finish, what did they use for protection?
V6S convertible, Glacier white, Black pack, 20" Tornado's, parking pack, Performance heated seats,
Tel

Post by Tel »

12 hours of machine polishing! Blimey...surprised you have any paint left! ;-)
Be interested to know if he use a paint depth gauge to see how much was there at the beginning and how much is left?
Jags have a tendency to be on the lean side in places.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
wanner69

Post by wanner69 »

Tel wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:51 am 12 hours of machine polishing! Blimey...surprised you have any paint left! ;-)
Be interested to know if he use a paint depth gauge to see how much was there at the beginning and how much is left?
Jags have a tendency to be on the lean side in places.
I just spent 12 hours machining on my bro in laws Focus runaround, never again lol
V6S convertible, Glacier white, Black pack, 20" Tornado's, parking pack, Performance heated seats,
robt

Post by robt »

Looks great
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

looking great well done

done mine over the weekend .... thanks for the posts
Shunt

Post by Shunt »

It does look good but until the weather brightens up it will be staying in the garage.

He did use a paint gauge and does regular checks throughout the process, the final finish is with Swissvax, he did give me several options but that can become very expensive. The car was suffering from bad swirling as the paint is very soft on Jags, all the swirls have now gone and the paintwork looks fantastic with the Amethyst purple hint really shining through.

It's not a cheap day out and my wife thinks I'm bonkers for paying £400 for someone to 'wash my car' - her words. But in my book it was worth every penny to have the car looking how it should have when I bought it.
Amethyst Black V8S
Estoril M135i
Red BMW S1000R
wanner69

Post by wanner69 »

Shunt wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:27 am It does look good but until the weather brightens up it will be staying in the garage.

He did use a paint gauge and does regular checks throughout the process, the final finish is with Swissvax, he did give me several options but that can become very expensive. The car was suffering from bad swirling as the paint is very soft on Jags, all the swirls have now gone and the paintwork looks fantastic with the Amethyst purple hint really shining through.

It's not a cheap day out and my wife thinks I'm bonkers for paying £400 for someone to 'wash my car' - her words. But in my book it was worth every penny to have the car looking how it should have when I bought it.
Excellent, make sure your wash and drying routine is good to avoid any further swirling etc onto the paint surface
Tel

Post by Tel »

Shunt wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:27 am It does look good but until the weather brightens up it will be staying in the garage.

Good to hear, many do not and it's quite alarming to think that it is done 'blind'.
£400 in the scheme of things isn't that bad I think.
FWIW - I use a lambswool kit, bucket with a grit guard and any simple car shampoo. With that setup, I really have lessened any swirls.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩