Can't stop smiling!

Post pictures of your Jaguar FType here!
powerhouse

Post by powerhouse »

Great to see some V6 and V8 owners liking this new 4 pot, getting a lot of negative comments from other circles/forums and clubs, maybe due that some people can't tell the difference in it and its bigger brothers, a bit negative attitude, seems to bother them i think.
Caledra Red 2018 2.0 R Dynamic
Black Pack
Project 7 Grill
Eibach Lowering Springs
Judd Model One 21" Rims
305/25/21 rears 265/30/21 fronts
Maxton design rear lip spoiler & rear diffuser splitters
Rear box delete, twin straight pipes fitted

mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

I like the fact that they all look the same. That way when Joe public sees an F-type they admire it purely on the way it looks, rather than 'Oh that's not the AMG or M version' etc. You have to really know your F-type's to spot the difference. I'm not sure there are many similar cars that draw out positive comment from non-car people so easily.

I've been to fair few Jag club events of various kinds and met poeple who don't think F-types are proper Jags (not enough wood, too noisy etc.)! But this seems to be part of a long tradition. So when the replacement F-Type comes out, I might need to grow a beard and adopt the 'not a proper F type' viewpoint to keep the tradition going. After all the future is probably silent and electric i.e. The 2020 F-Type-Unigate comes in variants of, skimmed, semi-skimmed, full fat and gold top :lol: .
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
powerhouse

Post by powerhouse »

mickjaguar wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:58 am I like the fact that they all look the same. That way when Joe public sees an F-type they admire it purely on the way it looks, rather than 'Oh that's not the AMG or M version' etc. You have to really know your F-type's to spot the difference. I'm not sure there are many similar cars that draw out positive comment from non-car people so easily.

I've been to fair few Jag club events of various kinds and met poeple who don't think F-types are proper Jags (not enough wood, too noisy etc.)! But this seems to be part of a long tradition. So when the replacement F-Type comes out, I might need to grow a beard and adopt the 'not a proper F type' viewpoint to keep the tradition going. After all the future is probably silent and electric i.e. The 2020 F-Type-Unigate comes in variants of, skimmed, semi-skimmed, full fat and gold top :lol: .
I was a member of the jaguar owners club fourm on facebook and decided to leave it as it was getting very heated on regards the F Type 2.0. Seems to be a lot of very negative comments to the new 4 pot car. It has been shunned by a lot of V6 and V8 owners and welcomed by others, whats your views, does it deserve all this ridicule its getting in some places.
A lot seems to be the sound , but its a 4 cylinder, easy. It drive unreal but this seems not good enough. It is really hated, cant understand why, i've had quite a few jags through the years and never though any different on any model, just looked at it and if it was a jag it was good enough for me, another fellow jag owner if you like.
Then remarks like if you cant afford the larger engines dont bother having one basically, so pulled the plug, not the jag spirt
Caledra Red 2018 2.0 R Dynamic
Black Pack
Project 7 Grill
Eibach Lowering Springs
Judd Model One 21" Rims
305/25/21 rears 265/30/21 fronts
Maxton design rear lip spoiler & rear diffuser splitters
Rear box delete, twin straight pipes fitted
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

I'm looking forward to meeting up with you, Perky and others at Gaydon at some point next year. I've not seen a negative review of the 2 litre. A lot of them appear to enjoy the car more than they expected, but then go on to recommend buying the next model up! Interestingly, when I was reading reviews two years ago they were saying you should buy the V6S rather than the base V6. Perhaps journalists always prefer the next model up. Which is great for me as I now have something that they didn't recommend before! (hence you can't take this seriously).

Fifi photo.jpg

mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

And as I'm driving 'a girls car' for the winter (picture above) I'm in no position to be critical.
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Oh I don’t know Mick - as a V6 that should be hilarious 😂
...those wheels really don’t look 20” though.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Yep, it has the pano roof, the full leather and the active exhaust (I think there's a hole in it now) :lol:

Back on topic a little bit. I was at the Goodwood circuit about a month ago and a bunch of Abarth 500's turned up for a meet. All growling and spitting and popping they sounded magnificent. Made me think I want one of those. And a proper racket made from 4 cylinders. Likely to be after market exhausts though.
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

2.0 litre owners! Know your place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2k1iRD2f-c

;)
Jk7

Post by Jk7 »

Beautiful colour, very striking.
Limited Edition F-Type 400 Sport - AWD - Indus Silver - Pano Roof + Knightspeed (Qi) Auto Hold Wireless Phone Charger https://goo.gl/muVp3n + Knightspeed Gecko Rack http://bit.ly/2j1Q2P4

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post