Kia new stinger

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Hello

This car has seriously beginning to grow on me ..

If this is what they can knock out at this price and its reliable ( 7 year warranty) this is great value .. If I was Jaguar and other company's I would be slightly worried .. Even Ford are offering 0% finance on most models etc

and apple carplay all as standard .. LSD etc etc

and ..... you get a dip stick :D
stinger.pdf
(8.43 MiB) Downloaded 254 times

OB123

Post by OB123 »

couldnt agree more - its actually becoming my guilty pleasure after i dropped into the Kia dealers in Bicester and checked one out. As you say they have a fantastic spec and the cabin is really well done i think - it also helped that the dealer was very helpful - offered an extended test drive (which i didn't have the time to accept) and he said they have 7 in stock to choose from - lead time 10 days !!! Just a smidge over £40k with 7 years warranty and full PCP options available - they also massive - my guess is Audi A7 size - watch out Audi / BMW and Jaguar
V8 AWD Coupe - Indus Silver
jimbobc

Post by jimbobc »

My local dealer had one in an undercoat grey type colour. Looked great I would have liked to try it but they weren't that interested. Will be interesting to see second hand values.
2014 F-Type V6S Coupe Italian Racing Red with carbon blades
Deleted User 1088

Also ... I hate to say this, but this is what the XES should have been

on the whole the XES is great ... but could have been better ! should have included

1. quad exhausts
2. LSD
3. Apple car play etc etc
4. the price
5. The Kia has a better warranty plus more torque
6. we still do not have a AWD XES which would be a great options especially seeing that they already make it
7. Big Brembo brakes as standard
6. infotainment system that actually works
7. Led headlights that do not mist up

Honestly I could go on and on ... Jaguar wake up and smell the coffee .. there you go said it now, and to think how much I paid for my F Type which is the slower car for Christ sake !!!
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Looks like tremendous value for money and has everything you could want and has one of every extra and toy you could want
For me it's still a badge thing and soul in this sector. I grew up aspiring to BMW's, Audi, Merc, and the historic Jaguars, Astons, etc. Not all people are the same and in time badge loyalty changes. Look at Seat and Skoda in value sector and Tesla, Lexus, etc. in luxury.

I could be tempted into one of the SuV's as a daily but I cannot see myself ever crossing to one of these. I don't see kids saying 'wow dad did you see that Kia sports car'

Current premier brands though should be very worried..
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

I wish i hadnt read this thread.... i like that!
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
Deleted User 1088

well put it this way

I will not be spending £38k on the 300 BHP E Pace ! I know its a jaguar forum but it had to be highlighted :evil:

and if Jaguar can not even be bothered to read the threads on this forum and learn .. which I know they don't well they can stuff it !!!!

honestly I do wonder at times with UK leadership/management or what ever they call them selves ... yes before your point out I know the boss is German, well he should know better
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

Pug ugly imo!
chicb

Post by chicb »

People of my generation, like me are badge snobs, I remember when Skodas were falling apart as soon as they left the dealerships & far eastern cars, what do they know about making cars?
How things have changed. I have never been in any dealer that sells anything other than German cars or Land Rover for over 20 years. Everything on these cars are extras, the things that other makes give you in the base price. Ok, Mercedes is at the forefront of technology, but you pay for it & a couple of years later all these other manufacturers have copied it & putting it in the base models.
I think its about time I visited Kia, Hyundi etc. That Stinger looks brilliant
F type convertible, (gone)
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Saw this on display at Waterloo Station ... and whilst they appear to have done a good job of the packaging for the top of the line sporty model, and thrown lots of kit into the standard build, you need to look past the obvious showroom appeal and look at the running costs ... the entry petrol and weasel models are high on emission = high tax, economy across the range is low, the top offering as little as 20mpg = high running costs .... so there’s a reason its ‘only’ £40k all in ... you’ll be paying a lot more than a comparably engined Merc/AUDI/BMW and once the depreciation kicks in I suspect the total cost of ownership will look far less appealing .... for that money I’d take C300h, pay zero road tax, blow the sting out the Kia’s performance with instant hybrid torque and return 70mpg
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!